Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Ya think maybe you might want to at least meet someone before you get married to them - maybe just once?
    Its called a "date" maybe after a few thousand years they might pick up on the custom.
    Talk about being set up for failure.
    UD
    Agreed! I mean, dont you sit on a couch before you buy it or feel the water before you jump in???

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Ya think maybe you might want to at least meet someone before you get married to them - maybe just once?

Its called a "date" maybe after a few thousand years they might pick up on the custom.

Talk about being set up for failure.

Not bashing for being superficial- bashing him for being a total dip shit.

UD
    I agree!! I know a few of the women in my family had arranged marriages and they all got to meet their "husbands" before the wedding. I'm not sure how common it is or if it's just a tradition. First step, the parents decide and discuss the dowry, you know how many chickens and cows will you give us for our daughter, then the kids meet, (I'm not using the term loosely, my grandmother was 12 and my aunt 9 and my cousin 15). Then there's a party where the families attend and there's a formal proposal and agreement between the parties. Then there's a huge engagement party, usually as big as most weddings I've been to, followed by the wedding. I don't know if that's also done in all Muslim countries or if it's a cultural thing. But, Dayam that was 3 opportunities to meet Sasquatch. Why pass it up!!

Sent from my Bat Cave