Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77
  1. #1
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    314 ish....
    Posts
    5,823

    Performance Engine Build...

    When building a HIGH PERFORMANCE engine for your boat, be sure to have your machine shop set up the bottom end with .030" clearance on the main journals and .050" clearance on the rod journals if you want GREAT oil pressure and want your engine/lower end to live...



    Also, run a 1050 dominator with soft touch linkage on any engine from 289 inches up to 350 inches... and be sure to buy the biggest hydraulic roller cam your $$$ can buy, dont worry about stock heads, they will do just fine...

    It will SCREAM...

    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

    "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

    "I swear... you beat any woman i ever saw... for taking the starch out of a man" Augustus McCrae to Clara Allen - Lonesome Dove...

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    When building a HIGH PERFORMANCE engine for your boat, be sure to have your machine shop set up the bottom end with .030" clearance on the main journals and .050" clearance on the rod journals if you want GREAT oil pressure and want your engine/lower end to live...



    Also, run a 1050 dominator with soft touch linkage on any engine from 289 inches up to 350 inches... and be sure to buy the biggest hydraulic roller cam your $$$ can buy, dont worry about stock heads, they will do just fine...

    It will SCREAM...

    Thank you for the Hotboat.com post. Welcome to the boards. You will soon find out your post, although perfectly related to what the site Hotboat.com "should" be about, will now move down the new post oblivion. Enjoy the Fireball thread during your stay here at Hotboat.com.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sharp shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal- Fontana
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    When building a HIGH PERFORMANCE engine for your boat, be sure to have your machine shop set up the bottom end with .030" clearance on the main journals and .050" clearance on the rod journals if you want GREAT oil pressure and want your engine/lower end to live...



    Also, run a 1050 dominator with soft touch linkage on any engine from 289 inches up to 350 inches... and be sure to buy the biggest hydraulic roller cam your $$$ can buy, dont worry about stock heads, they will do just fine...

    It will SCREAM...

    I'm building a 460 Ford with stock E7TE heads. Do you think this engine will work with well my Comp Cams Xtreme energy XR294HR? I'm thinking the Holley 2 barrel off my old 78 mustang should top things off perfectly too.

  4. #4
    Member hoofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bullhead City, AZ
    Posts
    81
    Sure glad I didn't have advise from you guys when building my engine.

  5. #5
    Senior Member HotWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Clovis, Ca.
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I'm building a 460 Ford with stock E7TE heads. Do you think this engine will work with well my Comp Cams Xtreme energy XR294HR? I'm thinking the Holley 2 barrel off my old 78 mustang should top things off perfectly too.
    Is that the same as a 3/4 race cam? If so it should work great!

  6. #6
    Member hoofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bullhead City, AZ
    Posts
    81
    What's a 3/4 Race cam, only run 990 ft.?

  7. #7
    Senior Member HotWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Clovis, Ca.
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by hoofy View Post
    What's a 3/4 Race cam, only run 990 ft.?
    Yep, custom grind for the new track layouts.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sharp shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal- Fontana
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by HotWater View Post
    Is that the same as a 3/4 race cam? If so it should work great!
    It would've been back when that term was hot. lol

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hoofy View Post
    What's a 3/4 Race cam, only run 990 ft.?

    When you can't quite afford a full race cam.....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    When you can't quite afford a full race cam.....
    Or when you only race 3 out of 4 nights......

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •