Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I JUST hung up the phone with David at CMI in Wisconsin, he said that they have done some custom stuff for Jack Roush for SBF/SVO... He stated that for Etops that would typicall be around 3500 for BBC would end up being about 5k for your one off SBF... There are a variety of dimensions that are needed and there are PLENTY of variations out there with the many SBF head options and BBF options...

And yes, that is stock replacement or stock iron in the pics (read FUGLY), BUT the point is that there are MANNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYY marinized SBFs out there in service with all of the crapola hanging on them...

I dont know if I could get you a pretty polished set of big tubes made any cheaper than 5K but I do know they are available one way or another...

A few stock parts, a few pretty custom billet aluminum brackets, 5K for some big tubes and bada-bing, you have all the required parts to marinize a hot rod SBF...

What's an extra 1500 in the grand scheme of things, this is hot rod boating after all...

I still wouldnt try to push a big boat around with a big inch small block of ANY flava...
    Crapola is off the table.

SO small block to small block - It looks like I can pick up a pair of decent LS headers for about 2400 from CMI vs 5K for the Ford. (still haven't seen a set going on faith)

1500 doesn't seem realistic. Looks like more like a 2500 delta - on one part alone.

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images