Threaded View

I love V drives, and thats a bitchin rig in your post.
    I even find jets a good time on the lower river if a bit expensive on fuel - and if looking to power rigs like that I would be open to all sensible alternative power to chebby.

I also get that lots of guys think you can't have a "hot boat" without a vdrive, or a jet because I/O Imposes too many restrictions.

Thing is I have 2 outdrive boats now and need a 3rd mill for the inevitable, and because its simply time for a new project, and it has to have enough manners to swap into either, with enough beans to shove a 30ft boat around.

My small block's pretty stout, but would have a hard time shoving that 2750 around with authority, so I was thinking something well mannered with about 600HP.

I'm open to a Ford Setup that would work. If someone - anyone- can show me some actual examples in a boat vs. on a dyno.
    I just can't find any wet exhaust combos that idle at (or better yet below) 1K, and stabilize at low RPM load, at least that anybody is willing to talk about.

Just about any builder can make any mill roar with -0- manner or fuel restrictions - hell I can do that.

It's kind of a bummer I know they can rock balls and hold up.
    I just hate pioneering combos in boats, and prefer to do what guys have already proven.

I'm not convinced Shermans kid is the builder the old man was. I've seen more than one "oil burner" come out of Shermans shop.

Im also not convinced in my situation it pays to "get different" , but I'm all ears and ready to learn should guys with experience ever decide to step out of the shadows.

UD

On another front - That box-o-doghnuts you showed up with the morning of the evo test run was killer - whoever pumped those babies out was a true doughnut connoisseur
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 11-09-2014 at 08:55 AM.