Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
You want to start with the exhaust, and then move on to all the front mount accessories like water pump, power steering, hyd pump for the O/D, bell housing to O/D, drive hub, and drive system for the accessories, etc etc. Its not the engine itself that makes a marine engine, its all the shit you have to hook to it.
A lot of Buicks & Caddys were used in the 60s. Ever seen a set of offshore type manifolds for an outdrive for them. They were "marine" engines.

Stop the goof ball shit Bruce. Show me you are smarter than this.
Anyone with half a brain knows that you have to dress out the engine with all of the marine trim and there are TONS of wet exhaust out there for SBF and BBF, prolly even 335 series engines also, aside from some trick water jacketed headers like Uncle Daves Viper engine what would be hard to obtain?

Name:  $_57.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  112.1 KB

Name:  $_57b.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  118.3 KB

Name:  $_57c.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  108.5 KB

Took me all of two minutes to find on EBAY, and there is a plethora of marine distributors, starters, alternators for sale... SO lets take all of the marinizing excuses out of the discussion... I can have any dimension of performance jacketed stainless polished headers built for any SBF head that is selected, Blue THunder # BTH-CHCA-CC is a 385 series head with chevy exhaust ports... There are plenty of options out there if someone is interested in doing something other than Chebby power...

I thought maybe I was missing something with the engine itself that sets it apart from all of the other boats...