Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I JUST hung up the phone with David at CMI in Wisconsin, he said that they have done some custom stuff for Jack Roush for SBF/SVO... He stated that for Etops that would typicall be around 3500 for BBC would end up being about 5k for your one off SBF... There are a variety of dimensions that are needed and there are PLENTY of variations out there with the many SBF head options and BBF options...

And yes, that is stock replacement or stock iron in the pics (read FUGLY), BUT the point is that there are MANNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYY marinized SBFs out there in service with all of the crapola hanging on them...

I dont know if I could get you a pretty polished set of big tubes made any cheaper than 5K but I do know they are available one way or another...

A few stock parts, a few pretty custom billet aluminum brackets, 5K for some big tubes and bada-bing, you have all the required parts to marinize a hot rod SBF...

What's an extra 1500 in the grand scheme of things, this is hot rod boating after all...

I still wouldnt try to push a big boat around with a big inch small block of ANY flava...
    Crapola is off the table.

SO small block to small block - It looks like I can pick up a pair of decent LS headers for about 2400 from CMI vs 5K for the Ford. (still haven't seen a set going on faith)

1500 doesn't seem realistic. Looks like more like a 2500 delta - on one part alone.

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Crapola is off the table.

SO small block to small block - It looks like I can pick up a pair of decent LS headers for about 2400 from CMI vs 5K for the Ford. (still haven't seen a set going on faith)

1500 doesn't seem realistic. Looks like more like a 2500 delta - on one part alone.

UD
    I'm not trying to make a case for swapping to a ford, in fact I think that sticking with a chebby makes perfect sense since your balls deep into your Sebring/SBC...

I would run that biotch untill the prop wouldn't turn one more revolution before I changed ANYTHING other than gear oil/engine oil/spark plugs and the radio station... But thats just me...

She fine......
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Oh I'll get every RPM that setup can deliver then rebuild it again. Its not going anywhere, at least till I have a third mill.

Im pretty much done squeezing it for power (Id like to dyno an RPM air gap with a 1" spacer) , but I'd like to make her pretty , maybe a single belt kit, polished intake etc....

Gotta provision for a rainy day when one or the other has an issue and threatens to ruin my season.

To many of you out of town guys visiting all the time to let one of the 2 rigs go down.

UD

Oh I'll get every RPM that setup can deliver then rebuild it again. Its not going anywhere, at least till I have a third mill.

Im pretty much done squeezing it for power (Id like to dyno an RPM air gap with a 1" spacer) , but I'd like to make her pretty , maybe a single belt kit, polished intake etc....

Gotta provision for a rainy day when one or the other has an issue and threatens to ruin my season.

To many of you out of town guys visiting all the time to let one of the 2 rigs go down.

UD
    As much as I enjoy flying low in the Laveys, hanging at the CasaGrande with Max, Maggie and ................??? Is very enjoyable...

I was just informed that we will be spending Christmas in LB this year...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HotWater View Post
    Yep, custom grind for the new track layouts.
    I run a 13/16 race cam

As much as I enjoy flying low in the Laveys, hanging at the CasaGrande with Max, Maggie and ................??? Is very enjoyable...

I was just informed that we will be spending Christmas in LB this year...

50/50 well be in the dunes - but you can come join us either way.

just bring the fucking doughnuts...

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    I run a 13/16 race cam
    Is that what works best in blown alcohol engines J.J.?

50/50 well be in the dunes - but you can come join us either way.

just bring the fucking doughnuts...

UD
    What do I know about doughnuts???

Quote Originally Posted by hoofy View Post
    Sure glad I didn't have advise from you guys when building my engine.
    My advice is worth what it cost U...

My advice is worth what it cost U...
    If nothing else, it was worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by hoofy View Post
    If nothing else, it was worth the price.
    true dat...