Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I love V drives, and thats a bitchin rig in your post.
    I even find jets a good time on the lower river if a bit expensive on fuel - and if looking to power rigs like that I would be open to all sensible alternative power to chebby.

I also get that lots of guys think you can't have a "hot boat" without a vdrive, or a jet because I/O Imposes too many restrictions.

Thing is I have 2 outdrive boats now and need a 3rd mill for the inevitable, and because its simply time for a new project, and it has to have enough manners to swap into either, with enough beans to shove a 30ft boat around.

My small block's pretty stout, but would have a hard time shoving that 2750 around with authority, so I was thinking something well mannered with about 600HP.

I'm open to a Ford Setup that would work. If someone - anyone- can show me some actual examples in a boat vs. on a dyno.
    I just can't find any wet exhaust combos that idle at (or better yet below) 1K, and stabilize at low RPM load, at least that anybody is willing to talk about.

Just about any builder can make any mill roar with -0- manner or fuel restrictions - hell I can do that.

It's kind of a bummer I know they can rock balls and hold up.
    I just hate pioneering combos in boats, and prefer to do what guys have already proven.

I'm not convinced Shermans kid is the builder the old man was. I've seen more than one "oil burner" come out of Shermans shop.

Im also not convinced in my situation it pays to "get different" , but I'm all ears and ready to learn should guys with experience ever decide to step out of the shadows.

UD

On another front - That box-o-doghnuts you showed up with the morning of the evo test run was killer - whoever pumped those babies out was a true doughnut connoisseur
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 11-09-2014 at 08:55 AM.

I love these 👍Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415552970.169888.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  47.2 KB

I've always thought it would be fun to grab a 302 powered tri hull I/O off Craigslist ($1000 range) and swap in a 5.0 out of an 87-93 stang for the Enduro. I would run straight zoomies until the drive blew.

http://santamaria.craigslist.org/boa/4673455995.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I love these ��Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415552970.169888.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  47.2 KB
    What's that, part of a trolling motor?

Quote Originally Posted by HotWater View Post
    What's that, part of a trolling motor?
    Pretty much these days yes lol

Then theres these.....

Not quite the same thing.

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I've always thought it would be fun to grab a 302 powered tri hull I/O off Craigslist ($1000 range) and swap in a 5.0 out of an 87-93 stang for the Enduro. I would run straight zoomies until the drive blew.

http://santamaria.craigslist.org/boa/4673455995.html
    just my kinda twisted fun!

UD

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    just my kinda twisted fun!

UD
    I've got just the TRIhull for you since your bowtie inclined (it's got a chebby inline six)... It's in my barn and has a long history of ........... Well, lets just say the name of the boat should be HOT DATE or HOT NIGHT or HOT MESS and not HOT BOAT... Prolly still a few scratch and sniff stains on the back deck too...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Only if you promise to stop being a dimwitted child about Fords in I/Os.

I can post pics of Olds, Pontiac, Buick and Mopar jets and v drives. Doesn't make any of them suitable or friendly for I/O use. It would just make me an idiot.

Seriously, I don't think you can help yourself, so I am not going to hold my breath about the donuts.
    Ok, i'll nibble... Aside from the mild cam/idle quality desire of Uncle AND the need for a decent low RPM IDLE to shift the I/O in and out of gear AND having a nice BROAD torque curve with peak HP all done before say 6500RPM WHAT is so special and unique about a I/O engine???

I'm pretty sure the shotgun ford pic I posted is an old Lavey, I thought Uncle would enjoy seeing THAT combo since he is a Lavey guy PLUS the earlier questions/comments about "FERDS in marine applications"...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Ok, i'll nibble... Aside from the mild cam/idle quality desire of Uncle AND the need for a decent low RPM IDLE to shift the I/O in and out of gear AND having a nice BROAD torque curve with peak HP all done before say 6500RPM WHAT is so special and unique about a I/O engine???

I'm pretty sure the shotgun ford pic I posted is an old Lavey, I thought Uncle would enjoy seeing THAT combo since he is a Lavey guy PLUS the earlier questions/comments about "FERDS in marine applications"...
    You want to start with the exhaust, and then move on to all the front mount accessories like water pump, power steering, hyd pump for the O/D, bell housing to O/D, drive hub, and drive system for the accessories, etc etc. Its not the engine itself that makes a marine engine, its all the shit you have to hook to it.
    A lot of Buicks & Caddys were used in the 60s. Ever seen a set of offshore type manifolds for an outdrive for them. They were "marine" engines.

Stop the goof ball shit Bruce. Show me you are smarter than this.