Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Not a single wet exhaust build thats running in a boat.
    Then running wide open in said boat till the tanks run dry.

All dyno shots. That I can find-

Where are the Ford powered boats outside of Jet and V?

UD
    Last edited by Uncle Dave; 11-08-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Don't feel bad Mustang. It could be worse. You could be an LS/ LSX fan.

The LS guys are still kinda the same place as that platform glacially creeps into boating.

Every chevy guy on the planet swears they can build them for nothing and that they last forever at full output.

But I never see them in boats.

Took Ilmor a full year from announcement to put out a packaged mill on that platform and they said the oiling system flat out wasn't up to up to the task without major work, but you never hear the backyard guy mention that.

Seems everyone else knows better than Ilmor though.

UD

PS: ....this oughta "rile up the place"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Not a single wet exhaust build thats running in a boat.
    Then running wide open in said boat till the tanks run dry.

All dyno shots. That I can find-

UD
    Glad to see there is another person aside from myself that isn't woooo'd by dyno vids.
    Problem as I see it is things like decent offshore type exhaust manifolds, Custom tube exhaust is a fortune, No readily available front accessory drives packages. The 460 and 351 blocks will a ton of power, and the engine parts are available. Just a lack of decent marine exterior pieces to do it at reasonable cost.
    Last edited by gn7; 11-08-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Glad to see there is another person aside from myself that isn't woooo'd by dyno vids.
    Problem as I see it is things like decent offshore type exhaust manifolds, Custom tube exhaust is a fortune, No readily available front accessory drives packages. The 460 and 351 blocks will a ton of power, and the engine parts are available. Just a lack of decent marine exterior pieces to do it at reasonable cost.
    Yup - the ratio of chevy to ford for headers and manifolds is huge.

The ratio for "real tubes" is even "huger".

Tubes and tails for my V10 cost a heart stopping 7K retail but thats what it takes to get an NA pump gas mill to 1.38HP perCI and still be tractable with decent idle quality.

I fear replacement day like a protracted root canal.

Mustang anybody got a kaase mill on a set of tubes yet?

UD
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I had to do some fab/engineering on my front/rear mounts but was able to score most all parts needed from one guy on eBAY that had a decent set of wet/vdrive 429/460 bassets, timing cover, magnaflow pump, bellhousing. I have less than 1k in all the parts needed to convert my sanger from bbC to BBF including new flexplate and new PTO flange.

I'm a poor boy and have to shop at the second hand store...

I'm not exactly WOOOOed by the dyno pull videos but it's good enuff proof for me that I can get a solid 500HP out of my 347 with the right tune/cam that will purrrrr like a kitten... With my 4:11 gears and the viper spec T56 six speed it will be WAY more than a hand full...

There were some decent fords running at Long Beach over the years, one of the most memorable I recall was the little Lavey "Nutmegger" that was running a windsor ford I believe (maybe it was a cleveland, not sure)... Sharpshooter or GN7 may know what kind of ford mill he was running but I can tell you it was no slouch...

We could always take a trip to see Joe Sherman and you could continue down the SBC path since already have the SBC hardware... http://www.joeshermanracing.com/347_..._combo_16.html

Name:  lavey 1.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  84.7 KB

Name:  lavey 2.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  79.3 KB

Name:  lavey 3.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  lavey 4.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  51.0 KB
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 11-08-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Next question is- can anyone really build an outdrive friendly marine ford?

UD
    I guess this shot over your head.

BTW, the boat in the pictures you posted couldn't make over 350HP if the dyno was aimed downhill

I guess this shot over your head.

BTW, the boat in the pictures you posted couldn't make over 350HP if the dyno was aimed downhill
    Ok, how about this one then....

Name:  lavey.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  101.3 KB
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Next question is- can anyone really build an outdrive friendly marine ford

UD
    Next time you're in L.A. we will sit down over donuts and I will explain to you the difference between jet, v drive and I/O.
    Now stop being a jerk trying to defend your cherished Fords.

Next time you're in L.A. we will sit down over donuts and I will explain to you the difference between jet, v drive and I/O.
    Now stop being a jerk trying to defend your cherished Fords.
    Doughnuts? Promise? Carson & Orange has the best...

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Doughnuts? Promise? Carson & Orange has the best...

Only if you promise to stop being a dimwitted child about Fords in I/Os.

I can post pics of Olds, Pontiac, Buick and Mopar jets and v drives. Doesn't make any of them suitable or friendly for I/O use. It would just make me an idiot.

Seriously, I don't think you can help yourself, so I am not going to hold my breath about the donuts.
    Last edited by gn7; 11-09-2014 at 08:06 AM.