Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Elsinore Grand Prix this weekend - Who's going?

My 11 year old son (Nate) and I are "racing" the Elsinore Grand Prix this weekend. We are in Race 10 on Sunday that starts at 8:15 AM. I used quotes around racing as this is not a sanctioned event and there are no points...just bragging rights. My son is racing the 105-200cc Beginner Class, and I'm in the Beginner Open. We are also doing the Thunder's Hot Lap at 7:30 - but that is for pre-running the course. I'm really just going to be chasing my son around the course as my wife is a bit worried about him "racing". Although as races go, these types of fun races do tend to have more injuries due to the level of participation by normally non-racers who think they can race.

Races are all weekend and the Mushman 100 is on Saturday afternoon. Lots of food. And the race course has a mini mx track in the beginning to give the spectators something to watch near the Storm Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    My 11 year old son (Nate) and I are "racing" the Elsinore Grand Prix this weekend. We are in Race 10 on Sunday that starts at 8:15 AM. I used quotes around racing as this is not a sanctioned event and there are no points...just bragging rights. My son is racing the 105-200cc Beginner Class, and I'm in the Beginner Open. We are also doing the Thunder's Hot Lap at 7:30 - but that is for pre-running the course. I'm really just going to be chasing my son around the course as my wife is a bit worried about him "racing". Although as races go, these types of fun races do tend to have more injuries due to the level of participation by normally non-racers who think they can race.

Races are all weekend and the Mushman 100 is on Saturday afternoon. Lots of food. And the race course has a mini mx track in the beginning to give the spectators something to watch near the Storm Stadium.
    This is a fun race!

The MX section has been over by the dealership the last several years so that's a significant change. Do they let the 11 year olds ride the entire course or keep them on the kids loop?

Are they still running the ridge?

i'll be there Sat. and Sun.
    My son in law races on Saturday, it's his first time.
    My son races on Sunday and I think it's his 7th or 8th year doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    This is a fun race!

The MX section has been over by the dealership the last several years so that's a significant change. Do they let the 11 year olds ride the entire course or keep them on the kids loop?

Are they still running the ridge?
    Last year they added the mx section to the front, but still had the other mx section by the Chevy dealer, but that has a lot more natural terrain to it. The front section is completely man made like a regular mx track.

Almost all the classes race the entire course except for the minis.

Yes, the ridge is still in play and widowmaker is still a major spot of congestion especially on the first lap.

Has anyone seen what the water crossing is like this year?

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    Has anyone seen what the water crossing is like this year?
    The preview is up here http://lakeelsinoregp.com/story/all/...ck-preview-vid

They cut out the mx sections in the video. The water is low, so there is no real water crossing. There is one spot where j you can get a little wet, but you can stay dry if you keep to the right.

The preview is up here http://lakeelsinoregp.com/story/all/...ck-preview-vid

They cut out the mx sections in the video. The water is low, so there is no real water crossing. There is one spot where j you can get a little wet, but you can stay dry if you keep to the right.
    When I raced it several years back the water was actually deeper on the right side. Looks fun! Take some pics!

I think me and my camera crew are heading over tomorrow. I will bring my camera too.

Sent from my Bat Cave

We'll be there. My son races at 8:15
    The bike with the side car was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    We'll be there. My son races at 8:15
    The bike with the side car was crazy.
    We're at 8:15 too. We are driving in the morning, so we'll be pitting in the day-of parking.