Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    We did the hotlap at 7:30 and that was my son's best run! Only ran 2 laps, but he wasn't the last in his class. He had a crash on lap 1 and then got caught in traffic on the widowmaker and had to make a 2nd pass. Got semi-stuck on the soft sand headed back for the finish line. Another crash in the exact same spot on lap 2. But pulled it together and passed a few people. Course was really great. The soft stuff is only bad for the smaller wheel guys and if you go too slow. The natural terrain MX stuff by the chevy dealer was really nice. The course was a lot of fun. Widowmaker was actually quite easy..they had watered it. People just needed to pick a good line thru the corner at the bottom.
    Sorry I couldn't make it, it was a rough (not good kind) night...waking up at 5 am would've been impossible.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    We did the hotlap at 7:30 and that was my son's best run! Only ran 2 laps, but he wasn't the last in his class. He had a crash on lap 1 and then got caught in traffic on the widowmaker and had to make a 2nd pass. Got semi-stuck on the soft sand headed back for the finish line. Another crash in the exact same spot on lap 2. But pulled it together and passed a few people. Course was really great. The soft stuff is only bad for the smaller wheel guys and if you go too slow. The natural terrain MX stuff by the chevy dealer was really nice. The course was a lot of fun. Widowmaker was actually quite easy..they had watered it. People just needed to pick a good line thru the corner at the bottom.
    The first thing that comes to mind is how these little guys can get up that hill. It wasn't easy when I climbed it. but it wasn't watered either.

Was there a mud jump this year? How about some gopro video?

I'm looking forward to the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is how these little guys can get up that hill. It wasn't easy when I climbed it. but it wasn't watered either.

Was there a mud jump this year? How about some gopro video?

I'm looking forward to the pics.
    It was great on the pre-run ride....he rode thru a group of bikes all waiting their turn to go up the hill...he rides right thru them and zips right up the hill. On the first lap of his race, he hit it in the wrong gear, plus some guy was stuck getting turned around with safety people helping him and he kind of panicked and stopped....had to give it a second shot.

I had 3 gopros running, but the one on his helmet kept falling forward. Gave kind of an interesting view and it was looking down thru the vent in his visor. I can probably blend those into a bigger video. I had one on my bars that the clutch cable kept grabbing and pulling it down and ended up with a view of my front fender, plus got some mud flung on it. The one on my helmet faired the best. I'm working to cut it all together and will post it up soon.

The mud jump was there. We saw someone try to ride thru the mud puddle in the pre-run and it ate him up! Nice mud bath at 7:30 AM.
    Last edited by HolyMoly; 11-10-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Widowmaker.

Name:  widowmaker.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  77.4 KB

Mud on the bar mounted go pro. lol

Name:  bad.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  50.1 KB

Nate passing in a corner on the MX track.

Name:  natemx.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  72.0 KB

We were watching the father and son going around the track.
    Didn't realize it was you.
    Very cool, looks like he had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    We were watching the father and son going around the track.
    Didn't realize it was you.
    Very cool, looks like he had a great time.
    Was it that obvious?

He really enjoyed it. And was stoked when he passed several people on the 2nd lap including an adult.

He wants to race next year and camp down there. I don't know about camping there, the parking lot looked rough in the morning with beer bottles and trash every where.

Some gopro action. Widowmaker. Tried to get fancy switching between his helmet camera and mine in the first video. Second video is just his.