Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I wish I still had mine... THis event sounds like a blast!
    It really is Bruce, and if you saw On Any Sunday when you were a kid like I did, the race means even more.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    It really is Bruce, and if you saw On Any Sunday when you were a kid like I did, the race means even more.
    I saw it too many times
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Good luck to you and Nate. Make sure your wife mans the camera or have Cole work it from on top of a light pole (LOL) and bring the pics out Thanks Giving.

That 250 cleaned up nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    My 11 year old son (Nate) and I are "racing" the Elsinore Grand Prix this weekend. We are in Race 10 on Sunday that starts at 8:15 AM. I used quotes around racing as this is not a sanctioned event and there are no points...just bragging rights. My son is racing the 105-200cc Beginner Class, and I'm in the Beginner Open. We are also doing the Thunder's Hot Lap at 7:30 - but that is for pre-running the course. I'm really just going to be chasing my son around the course as my wife is a bit worried about him "racing". Although as races go, these types of fun races do tend to have more injuries due to the level of participation by normally non-racers who think they can race.

Races are all weekend and the Mushman 100 is on Saturday afternoon. Lots of food. And the race course has a mini mx track in the beginning to give the spectators something to watch near the Storm Stadium.
    I think me and my camera crew are heading over tomorrow. I will bring my camera too.

Sent from my Bat Cave

We'll be there. My son races at 8:15
    The bike with the side car was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    We'll be there. My son races at 8:15
    The bike with the side car was crazy.
    We're at 8:15 too. We are driving in the morning, so we'll be pitting in the day-of parking.

There was plenty of parking on the camp side west of the stadium today. Meeting my son there, he'll probably go to the camp side again. $5.00 to park

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    There was plenty of parking on the camp side west of the stadium today. Meeting my son there, he'll probably go to the camp side again. $5.00 to park
    Is that the day of racer parking?

$5.00 per vehicle, all day. We had a couple car loads of spectators and they were the same.

We did the hotlap at 7:30 and that was my son's best run! Only ran 2 laps, but he wasn't the last in his class. He had a crash on lap 1 and then got caught in traffic on the widowmaker and had to make a 2nd pass. Got semi-stuck on the soft sand headed back for the finish line. Another crash in the exact same spot on lap 2. But pulled it together and passed a few people. Course was really great. The soft stuff is only bad for the smaller wheel guys and if you go too slow. The natural terrain MX stuff by the chevy dealer was really nice. The course was a lot of fun. Widowmaker was actually quite easy..they had watered it. People just needed to pick a good line thru the corner at the bottom.