Page 6 of 163 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Since this thread may go poof in a few months I'll post these funny pics here.
    Here is one I posted a couple years ago on FB.....
    Made me chuckle....

Name:  candy.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  72.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    If you research it, that's a misconception. The 2 deadliest wars in history had nothing to do with religion. The US civial war was not about religion, nor Viet Nam, or Korea, Roman Empire, Alexander the Great, Russian Revolution, French, and American Revolutions, and Genghis Kan. What was the reason for the Indian wars? Its the same no matter how far back you go.
    The number one reason is LAND and power. Not saying religion hasn't responsible for wars and deaths. Specially with one particular. But its far from the most common reason for war.
    Blaming religion is a modern day phenom, and complete bullshit.
    I dont disagree but religions have been a part of conflict from day one.
    You dont believe the same as me so therefore you must be eliminated, is the thinking. Greed follows beliefs.
    We've all witnessed similar events on all the forums we visit or have visited. Sadly, moderators are given the parameters (read beliefs) as to what is acceptable and what isn't......the rest are banned (read killed in war). :
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    I agree religion has been the cause of millions and millions of deaths over recorded history,................... all religions,............................ but 95% of them have changed with modern times and have stopped all the atrocities expect one, I'll let you figure out which one it is, but it's the one still beheading people and ruthlessly slaughtering innocent people, I'm done.
    Joey, not directed at you but all of the statements about "religion" and war and politics...

I would like to go all the way back back back in time, prior to the birth of Chirst...

There were wars and slavery and oppression long before the birth of Christ...

The term "Christian" = "Christ Like" = "Christos" (translation from the Hebrew) = "The Anointed One"

The "Christian" Church begins as described in Acts 1 & Acts 2 by Luke (the Gentile historian and physician) at and just before the Day of Penticost when the Holy Sprit enters the picture and the "Christian" church grew daily (followers of Jesus Christ teachings)...

Prior to this time the followers of Christ were in small numbers and were both jews and gentiles...

Many many killings were done after some factions of the "Church" decided that they could / should / were called to kill/murder in the name of Christ/God... THis was not ALL followers of Christ but only a select few factions...

IMHO these were not followers "rightly dividing" the word as described by Paul in 2 TImothy 2:15...

Paul describes the Christian life as follows in the book of Galatians 5, you decide if the MURDERERS/MUZZIES/ Crusades/Commies from N.Vietnam/Imperial Japan/Nazi Germany/Syria/Iran/Iraq were following any form of Christianity or the Torah-Pentatuch/Septuagint (old testament):

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 11-06-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post

Many many killings were done after some factions of the "Church" decided that they could / should / were called to kill/murder in the name of Christ/God... THis was not ALL followers of Christ but only a select few factions...
    All the "religion" conflicts, including those today, pale in comparison of the wars fought 18th, 19th, 20th centuries. Virtually none of which had ANYTHING to do with religion,

Consider this, in one night in Tokyo Japan, 150,000(our estimate) to 350,000(the worlds estimate) died in a single night. And we did it. Thee bombs were childs play compared to that.

Christianity stated rough 4AD, Islam rough the 7th century AD. All of the deaths due to both is a mere drop compared to Alexander the Great, Khan, and the Romans before either religion began.

Blaming religion is only due to what people see TODAY.

Consider this, in one night in Tokyo Japan, 150,000(our estimate) to 350,000(the worlds estimate) died in a single night. And we did it. Thee bombs were childs play compared to that.

Just had to post on this. My Grandmother lost 5 siblings on that night, along with all her nieces and nephews. Most of her family was gone after that bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post

Just had to post on this. My Grandmother lost 5 siblings on that night, along with all her nieces and nephews. Most of her family was gone after that bombing.
    I am VERY sorry to hear that. It was civilian murder in the highest degree. They bombed the perimeter of Tokyo so nobody escape, then bombed the interior.
    Curtis Lemay stated after words, we better win this thing, or I will tried for war crimes.

Again it saddens deeply me to read your post.

The once annual Hotboat.com Political Thread (this thread will be locked on 1...

Obama doesn't hear the message he was sent Tuesday.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Was wondering if politics and religion are allowed, does that mean I can post nudity/nip slips in the good morning thread? Lol jk

McSally leading Barber by only 360 votes now, vote count expected to be complete Saturday. 😰

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Obama doesn't hear the message he was sent Tuesday.

CH3NO2

He was golfing, check it out............lmao.

It takes a second to reset, so wait a minute or two, it was at 192 golf outings as of this morning, one even 5 minutes after an American got beheaded.

http://obamagolfcounter.com/