Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Well hot damn. I promised myself I'd stay out of this, so I'll make a neutral comment lol.

All lifelong or career politicians are the same, for the most part.
    They all want to get elected. Then they want to get reelected.
    The only change they'll make is to do whatever it takes to accomplish the above.

I can't knock them too much though, I would never do it. You may be able to make a little change once or twice, then someone will kick your ass and you're out.

Poor bastards can't win no matter what. I think I'd rather be a lawyer. I'd much rather get paid to argue vs get paid to lie
    Argue is a nicely put understatement. Think about it, 2 lawyers in a court room, and NEITHER is lying?
    The very nature of their job is to lie convincingly. The very reason most politicians are lawyers, and not businessmen. Even though the US government is the largest business in the world, and the stockholders have to pay more and more for each fuckup they make.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Argue is a nicely put understatement. Think about it, 2 lawyers in a court room, and NEITHER is lying?
    The very nature of their job is to lie convincingly. The very reason most politicians are lawyers, and not businessmen. Even though the US government is the largest business in the world, and the stockholders have to pay more and more for each fuckup they make.
    Bob, Bob, Bob. You take everything too seriously. If you couldn't tell, I was being a little sarcastic. Of course one or both of them will be lying, but my point is they get paid to argue for a living, not lie. Holy guacamole Mr. Bob. Get a sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    ......But my point is they get paid to argue for a living, not lie.....
    Bob Bob Bob, that too was another dig at politicians just FYI, don't curse me out again