Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    All the "religion" conflicts, including those today, pale in comparison of the wars fought 18th, 19th, 20th centuries. Virtually none of which had ANYTHING to do with religion,

Consider this, in one night in Tokyo Japan, 150,000(our estimate) to 350,000(the worlds estimate) died in a single night. And we did it. Thee bombs were childs play compared to that.

Christianity stated rough 4AD, Islam rough the 7th century AD. All of the deaths due to both is a mere drop compared to Alexander the Great, Khan, and the Romans before either religion began.

Blaming religion is only due to what people see TODAY.
    Here is a PERFECT example of the misconception of BAD religion...

I realize that this event in Nanking was very small potatoes in comparison to some of the loss of life in other areas/times/events BUT it underscores the misconception of how Christians cause or propagate war/hate/political agendas "blindly"... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

The Christian servants that helped save lives, prevent murders and chronicle the events while risking/sacrificing their own lives...

The peaceful Imperial Japan:

Massacre contestMain article: Contest to kill 100 people using a sword

In 1937, the Osaka Mainichi Shimbun and its sister newspaper the Tokyo Nichi Nichi Shimbun covered a "contest" between two Japanese officers, Toshiaki Mukai (向井敏明) and Tsuyoshi Noda (野田毅), both from Island troops, the Japanese 16th Division, in which the two men were described as vying with one another to be the first to kill 100 people with a sword before the capture of Nanking. From Jurong to Tangshan (two cities in Jiangshu Province, China), Toshiaki Mukai had killed 89 people while Tsuyoshi Noda had killed 78 people. The contest continued because neither of them had killed 100 people. When they got to Zijin Mountain, Tsuyoshi Noda had killed 105 people while Toshiaki Mukai killed 106 people. Both officers supposedly surpassed their goal during the heat of battle, making it impossible to determine which officer had actually won the contest. Therefore (according to the journalists Asami Kazuo and Suzuki Jiro, writing in the Tokyo Nichi-Nichi Shimbun of December 13), they decided to begin another contest, with the aim being 150 kills.[43] The Nichi Nichi headline of the story of December 13 read "'Incredible Record' [in the Contest to] Behead 100 People—Mukai 106 – 105 Noda—Both 2nd Lieutenants Go Into Extra Innings".

After Japan surrendered, Toshiaki Mukai and Tsuyoshi Noda were arrested and executed by shooting in Nanking with the criminal charge “Civilized Public Enemy”.[44]

RAPE:

The International Military Tribunal for the Far East estimated that 20,000 women were raped, including infants and the elderly.[47] A large portion of these rapes were systematized in a process where soldiers would search door-to-door for young girls, with many women taken captive and gang raped.[48] The women were often killed immediately after being raped, often through explicit mutilation[49] or by stabbing a bayonet, long stick of bamboo, or other objects into the vagina. Young children were not exempt from these atrocities, and were cut open to allow Japanese soldiers to rape them.[50]

On 19 December 1937, the Reverend James M. McCallum wrote in his diary:

I know not where to end. Never I have heard or read such brutality. Rape! Rape! Rape! We estimate at least 1,000 cases a night, and many by day. In case of resistance or anything that seems like disapproval, there is a bayonet stab or a bullet ... People are hysterical ... Women are being carried off every morning, afternoon and evening. The whole Japanese army seems to be free to go and come as it pleases, and to do whatever it pleases.[51]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Magee_(missionary)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in summary,

with regard to the political statements/thread, I am fed up with the self-serving / self-righteous DEMONCRATS/media/Oprah/Matt Damon’s that claim to be so concerned human welfare/human well-being and yet they don’t care enough about human life to get the story right and present an accurate picture of the history of world affairs / foreign affairs... I’m also fed up with the MINIONS that blindly follow the commies/demoncrats/progressives/Al Sharpton/Jessie Jackson/Baroooch OlameO…

There will be wars/conflicts and the NEED for the U.S. to intervene, get used to that... Some of the NEEDS are real, some are fabricated or trumped up but there will be evil guys like Bashar al-Assad for many decades to come AND shitty countries like Russia that will pander to their "cause" just so they can make a buck or make a "strategic" alliance...

Done…
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 11-07-2014 at 08:04 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RVR SWPR View Post
    lol.....

crack on me if you like BUT if someone was spreading a bunch of MISinformation about setting up a drive or buildng the bottom end of a engine or giving bad info on buying a house/finance/loan info/investment info wouldnt you want someone to step up and set the record straight?

What you choose to believe OR not belive is between you and God but I feel the need to keep it parsed out and try to prevent these misconceptions/blanket statements/stereotypes that lead to widespread MISunderstanding of history/events/religion/politics WHEN given the opportunity like this thread...

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Ok,was not cracking on you at all.I'm just not into debating or reading on Hotboat whether or not there is a God.Again,not cracking on your posts,always a good read.
    but your OK with people making false statements about the role of religion in the history of war/politics?

Like I said was not cracking on you,attempted to set it right .Carry on.
    Attempting to set right, what exactly?? I am seriously curious.

Like I said was not cracking on you,attempted to set it right .Carry on.

Attempting to set right, what exactly?? I am seriously curious.
    My mission in life is to make restitution for all of histories wrong deeds done in the name of Christ...

BTW, Dr. Ben Carson is officially in the 2016 presidential race.

BTW, Dr. Ben Carson is officially in the 2016 presidential race.
    I'm in!!!!!!

No wonder we don't have political threads on HB........now I get it Vic

BTW....this still doesn't change my opinion that Obama is a self-centered, ego-maniacal, narcissist

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    No wonder we don't have political threads on HB........now I get it Vic

BTW....this still doesn't change my opinion that Obama is a self-centered, ego-maniacal, narcissist
    Don't be afraid of the discussion, embrace it...