Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Like like like like !!!!!

was sent the other day and kind of puts Barry in perspective....http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/obama-vetting-1979

Mileage TAX......say it aint so...

Not trying to get all political in this thread but I came across this article and think it would affect alot of us here in CA.
    I for one could not afford a mileage tax as I drive roughly 100 miles a day to and from work....

What does everyone else think about this???

Falling Gas Tax Revenue Has California Lawmakers Considering Mileage Tax Plan

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — With an increase in electric and hybrid vehicles along with better fuel-efficient vehicles, changing Bay Area drivers habit are posing a serious problem for state coffers.
    As motorists use less and less gas, gas tax revenues to pay for state highways, roads and bridges shrink. Meanwhile, as gas prices fall, so does the sales tax generated by fuel sales. In California, among the taxes collected on fuel is a 2.25% sales tax on gasoline and a 9.67 percent tax on diesel.
    Some state lawmakers feel a mileage tax is the best solution.
    To pay for the shortfall, California officials are considering a plan that would replace California’s gas tax with a fee for each mile motorists drive. Drivers who log the most miles will end up paying the most, no matter how fuel efficient their car is.
    In 2003, revenue reached $2.3 billion. In 2013, it was $2.62 billion. Governor Jerry Brown says there is a $59 million backlog on highway maintenance.
    A 1.5 cent mileage tax is already being implemented in a test program in Oregon. Similar programs are under consideration in Colorado and Washington.
    The plan has supporters and detractors across the political spectrum.
    The current state gas has remained at 36 cents a gallon since 1994. The federal gas tax has been 18.4 cents a gallon for more than 20 years.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...a-mileage-tax/

If this is too political, please move to the once annual thread....

It isn't falling gas prices that is causing this, it's better fuel economy and electric vehicles. Even if gas was $1.00 per gallon the taxes don't change.

A small oversight when our fearless leaders started pushing green lol

When you get people like Jerry Brown and Obummer, that's what you get, I guess they're trying to recoup the 585 million the feds pissed away on Solyndra.

Sorry guys, I move your posts to a safe haven

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Sorry guys, I move your posts to a safe haven
    Yah, I wasn't sure how that was going to end up....Figured I was riding a thin line lol

Saw this on FB this morning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Saw this on FB this morning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I wonder if and what the back story is on this. If they in fact did vote that why, I would be curious why?

Because if you're not proud of the country you live in, why live there? Why not just leave?

And I wonder how much of their tuition is being paid for by the US? lol

Ungrateful people are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Wow I wonder if and what the back story is on this. If they in fact did vote that why, I would be curious why?
    Because if you're not proud of the country you live in, why live there? Why not just leave?
    And I wonder how much of their tuition is being paid for by the US? lol
    Ungrateful people are the worst.
    Apparently the ban was basically "Vetoed"
    Turns out their student govt is mush like ours as in, the house passed this bill and the pres vetoed it.
    Thank God the ban didn't actually go all the way through...

But Im with you, I wonder why they would even bring up such legislation? Whats the story???
    If our country is that bad, just get the eff out!