Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
Absolutely true in the legal sense of the issue....unfortunately all they have to do is say "after further inspection of the property we have decided to exercise our option to cancel within the specified number of day as called out in the purchase agreement"............it sucks but likely the way it could go...........then there's the clause in the purchase agreement that states is the buyer is unable to complete acceptable financing within 3 days of the close they will notify the seller and the seller shall direct the earnest money deposit to be completely refunded without prejudice......or something to that effect.

Not trying to school YOU in the legal ramifications as you are certainly more expert than I in these matters but there are more escape clauses in the standard Real Estate purchase forms than you'd see on a remake of the Titanic
Thanks! I knew I was missing something. That makes perfect sense. While contract law has its concepts it's the actual contract that dictates.

So what you're saying is 314joey had great advice...don't count your money in a real estate sale until the check is in your hands.

Sent from my Bat Cave