Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Absolutely true in the legal sense of the issue....unfortunately all they have to do is say "after further inspection of the property we have decided to exercise our option to cancel within the specified number of day as called out in the purchase agreement"............it sucks but likely the way it could go...........then there's the clause in the purchase agreement that states is the buyer is unable to complete acceptable financing within 3 days of the close they will notify the seller and the seller shall direct the earnest money deposit to be completely refunded without prejudice......or something to that effect.

Not trying to school YOU in the legal ramifications as you are certainly more expert than I in these matters but there are more escape clauses in the standard Real Estate purchase forms than you'd see on a remake of the Titanic
    Thanks! I knew I was missing something. That makes perfect sense. While contract law has its concepts it's the actual contract that dictates.

So what you're saying is 314joey had great advice...don't count your money in a real estate sale until the check is in your hands.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    There is a period of time where you can pull back an offer and not move forward with the purchase.
    Bummer...I hope they go through with it.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So what you're saying is 314joey had great advice...don't count your money in a real estate sale until the check is in your hands.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Truer words have never been spoken

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Good morning everyone. 😊

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Good early afternoon everyone. Wooo that second picture is exactly what I like

Morning.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    A check in your hand can still have a stop payment placed on it. Wait until it's cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    A check in your hand can still have a stop payment placed on it. Wait until it's cleared.
    So true and a wire transfer can be reversed. Just to be safe wait until the money is credited to your account then transfer it. 😉

Sent from my Bat Cave

So true and a wire transfer can be reversed. Just to be safe wait until the money is credited to your account then transfer it. 😉

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I prefer to wait till the check is cashed, the money is in my hand, then blown on shit I don't really need. 😄😄

So true and a wire transfer can be reversed. Just to be safe wait until the money is credited to your account then transfer it. 

Sent from my Bat Cave
    A wire cannot be reversed. Once sent from the bank, it's gone and not even the bank can get it back.