Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceviche

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Persia doesnt have an exclusive on the OTHER kind... i grew up with them being called ENGLISH... and Asia is kinda close to Persia true?

we always called the pickle type a "straight eight"...
    I'm specifically referring to a cucumber called Persian Cucumber.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442509599.996142.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  24.1 KB

Inside looks like this with no seeds

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442509622.673311.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  31.7 KB

This is an English cucumber

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442509677.048848.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  35.0 KB

Japanese Cucumber

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442509693.224437.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  29.4 KB

Sent from my newly renovated Batcave using TapaStalk!

Go Team Brady!

Apparently, we Persians take our cucumbers very seriously. Lol

Go Team Brady!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Apparently, we Persians take our cucumbers very seriously. Lol

Go Team Brady!
    As do the Armenians, Japanese, Koreans AND THE ENGLISH... in all fairness, its not like the English really have anything great to lay claim to with regard to food... Lets let the English have their claim on the GOOD cucumbers...

Well, they DO grow some good beef BUT they just don't know what the hell to do with it after they raise them...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

As do the Armenians, Japanese, Koreans AND THE ENGLISH... in all fairness, its not like the English really have anything great to lay claim to with regard to food... Lets let the English have their claim on the GOOD cucumbers...

Well, they DO grow some good beef BUT they just don't know what the hell to do with it after they grow it...
    What I meant was I got all batshit crazy over a cucumber discussion with exhibits and oral argument. Lol

Go Team Brady!

What I meant was I got all batshit crazy over a cucumber discussion with exhibits and oral argument. Lol

Go Team Brady!
    It's all good as long as the arguments remain ORAL... When it turns physical over cucumbers I'm done/out...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

It's all good as long as the arguments remain ORAL... When it turns physical over cucumbers I'm done/out...
    I promise not to beat you with a Persian Cucumber, but in all fairness the Japanese cucumber is probably best used as a weapon.

Go Team Brady!

I promise not to beat you with a Persian Cucumber, but in all fairness the Japanese cucumber is probably best used as a weapon.

Go Team Brady!

OK, im off to the store to get my Aguachile ingredients!!! Hopefully ECOLI free cilantro and some PERSIAN cukes (but I may have to settle for ENGLISH ones)...

WOW this is tastey!!!

I should have diced the shrimp and the veggies smaller but I was planning on having it as a tostada...
    Name:  aguachile 3.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  60.7 KB
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 09-17-2015 at 02:50 PM.

WOW this is tastey!!!

I should have diced the shrimp and the veggies smaller but I was planning on having it as a tostada...
    Name:  aguachile 3.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  60.7 KB
    I use one of these to chop mine up. Makes it really easy.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442554179.366410.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  32.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    I use one of these to chop mine up. Makes it really easy.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442554179.366410.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  32.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my friend/worker in Guadalajara told me to use a food processor for the peppers BUT I decided to strip out the seeds/membranes by HAND and mince them by hand... it took nearly FOUR hours for my hands to stop burning... All because i didnt want to get my food processor dirty

I did like the coarse chop on most of the veggies for cracker dipping but I didn't like the feeling on my hands all afternoon/evening... Next time, FOOD PROCESSOR!!!

I had some friends try it last night and one of the guys said it was the best "salsa type of dip" that he has ever had...

I did 3 serano peppers minus membranes/seeds, 1 1/2 lbs of shrimp, juice from 2 small lemons, 1 medium sweet onion, 1 LARGE PERSIAN cuke , 1 tsp tri blend, 1 tspn soy sauce (add more to taste at the end), one bunch of cillantro tops minced...

Adjustments, i would coarse chop the shrimp next time (for a more even distribution), add more cucumber and up the amount of onion, THEN season to taste with the soy sauce/tri blend (garlic/salt/pepper)