Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Ceviche

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Well I cannot figure out how to post pictures from my phone.

Ive made my third batch of ceviche in as many weeks.

“Amazeballs”
    If you're still using Tapatalk, fyi, it sucks balls. Login normally and hit the little picture frame/insert icon and voila

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I’m just using IOS on my IPhone

I’m bumping this VERY important topic up to the forefront
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Bump
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    Yummmm

Yummmm
    Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    Tomato
    Red onion
    Cucumber
    Carrots
    Cilantro
    Jalepenos
    Shrimp or fish. Or both

Chop it all up and pour lemon juice all over it. Season with some salt.

Yummmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    I make a similar Mexican shrimp cocktail, but it's spendy to do so.

2-3 lbs shrimp
    1 large can of baby clams
    1-2 lbs of imitation crab meat
    6 Avocados, diced
    6 cucumbers, sliced then quarter diced
    6 California green chilis, diced really small
    6 Yellow chilis, diced really small
    1 Bushel Cilantro
    6 Tomatos, diced
    Large Red Onion, chopped small
    2lb Ketchup
    Juice of 6 Lemons
    Juice of 6 Limes
    Salt/Pepper

Tapatio and Crackers!

Notes from over the years of making it:

Sear the Shrimp, don't use pre-cooked. If seared in butter, drain juice (butter fat will coagulate in the cocktail)
    Wash clams really good
    DO NOT add seeds from peppers, do not use Jalapeno's
    Mix the veges as you add them
    Fresh tomatoes only, not canned
    Lemon/Lime juice in bottled form is fine <--- is key to getting that perfect tang
    Red onion looks nice, sweet onions taste better
    Add Avocados and Tomatoes at the end of prep, after seasoning to taste (so you don't bruise them up)

Let sit overnight for best results.
    Cost is usually $80 or so.
    DO NOT TAKE ANYWHERE EXCEPT TO FAMILY FUNCTIONS. Otherwise, there will be a party invite every week

Quote Originally Posted by AZKC View Post
    Great recipes. Want to change it up a bit, juice a fresh orange or two and add it to the lime and lemon juice.
    !!!!

!!!
    It's done and fantastic, I made adjustments for my taste and scaled the amount WAY back from C-2's version... I will adjust the salt/pepper in the AM... AND Jordy just gave me an idea of what is missing...

^^^ thank you, that is exactly what this needs, a good pinch of smoky chipotle powder to go with the minced seranos that I put in... ^^^

I use about 3/4 lb of minced shrimp and 3/4 lb of minced chunk crab meat, 2 avacados, one puree'd and one minced, 1/2 cucumber puredd- 1/2 minced, one red bell pepper, one big sweet onion, cilantro, 4 roma tomatoes along with the rest of the chunky ingredients and lemon/lime juice... salt/peppa/garlique'
    Outstanding flava!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I am absolutely making this TODAY... I was too tired and it was too late when I left the office last night to get the ingredients and make it...

Anyone here have a suggestion for additions/enhancements to this dish "Aguachile"???

Shrimp, Serrano peppers, cilantro, lemon juice, cucumber, sweet onion, salt, soy sauce...

Attachment 57412
    !!!