Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    You're not being nosey.

Unlike state court, in federal court you don't play hide the ball. You have to disclose all of your evidence and any motions you plan on filing before you even start doing discovery. At the scheduling conference the judge gives you deadlines as to when each aspect of your case has to be completed.
    The judge gives us a thorough timeline. Federal court judges don't like wasting time or resources.

In state court the case are predominately handled pursuant to the code of civil procedure time lines.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Thank you. Sounds like a big case, are you doing it all yourself or is there a team?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Thank you. Sounds like a big case, are you doing it all yourself or is there a team?

CH3NO2
    It's a good size case. I work on the case alone, but when/if I need help, it's readily available. But, the only time help is required is when you're taking overlapping depositions and when we are traveling out of state to depose someone.

Before I started working at this firm, the cases I handled were 7-9 figures and varied from 40-600 parties to the case. I pretty much lead the case in litigation. I took 95% of the depositions as well as the motion practice. Granted I had fewer cases at one time lol. So, I'm use to the work load.

😄

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli,

how big of a firm do you work at, my Daughter went to work for a smaller firm after she passed the bar and she was in court the first couple of weeks and has never looked back, she made partner last year, she's 38 yo, not bad, huh.

She was also the youngest woman to be elected President of the St. Louis County Bar Association back 5 years ago, I was a proud Papa that night when she got installed.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Eli,

how big of a firm do you work at, my Daughter went to work for a smaller firm after she passed the bar and she was in court the first couple of weeks and has never looked back, she made partner last year, she's 38 yo, not bad, huh.

She was also the youngest woman to be elected President of the St. Louis County Bar Association back 5 years ago, I was a proud Papa that night when she got installed.
    Sorry about the delay, I was driving. That was a painful last 25 miles took over an hour.

My firm is small there are 5 attorneys in our office, 1 in Riverside, 1 in Phoenix and a few in Vegas.

A week after I was sworn in, I made my first court appearance. I was terrified. I've litigated my entire career. I started working as a contract attorney for a sole practitioner who let me run with the case. I made really good money and that opened the door for my career defending developers in construction defect cases.

I did take a 2 year "sabbatical" and worked as a financial advisor. Now, I handle all that stuff for the firm and the partners, one being my BIL and the other a good friend. I make sure the partners and the firm are financially protected as well as reduce their tax liability and handle the benefits. I like the occasion break and change of hat. This is by far my favorite firm. I like the people I work with as well as the area of practice. Granted some days I want to kick my BIL lol.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Sorry about the delay, I was driving. That was a painful last 25 miles took over an hour.

My firm is small there are 5 attorneys in our office, 1 in Riverside, 1 in Phoenix and a few in Vegas.

A week after I was sworn in, I made my first court appearance. I was terrified. I've litigated my entire career. I started working as a contract attorney for a sole practitioner who let me run with the case. I made really good money and that opened the door for my career defending developers in construction defect cases.

I did take a 2 year "sabbatical" and worked as a financial advisor. Now, I handle all that stuff for the firm and the partners, one being my BIL and the other a good friend. I make sure the partners and the firm are financially protected as well as reduce their tax liability and handle the benefits. I like the occasion break and change of hat. This is by far my favorite firm. I like the people I work with as well as the area of practice. Granted some days I want to kick my BIL lol.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Good for you, it's great that you're doing something that you love, Jennifer loves it also, I tell everyone there are good attorneys.

Another long day at work. Several of us working on a big bid, have to be ready for review Thursday.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Absolutely nothing

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413897917.167538.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  73.2 KB

My fingers are broken...I keep snapping them to change shit and nothing's happening!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Why do people text and drive and endanger themselves and anyone in the car.............it just amazes me, WTF.

Probably the number one thing that pisses me off, other than people with fake nails talking on a cell phone buying junk food with food stamps, either one of these just drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Why do people text and drive and endanger themselves and anyone in the car.............it just amazes me, WTF.
    Especially when you can just talk into your phone now.....and it will convert to email/text........never having to take your hands off the wheel

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611