Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Have you ever wondered?

Why some jalapeños are spicy and some are not? I do??? What's the deal? Is there a secret? I'm so frustrated with my food being bland vs so spicy it feels like a check my mouth wrote that my ass can't cash.

Any wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Why some jalapeños are spicy and some are not? I do??? What's the deal? Is there a secret? I'm so frustrated with my food being bland vs so spicy it feels like a check my mouth wrote that my ass can't cash.

Any wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I always thought the seeds gave them their kick, so less seeds, less kick? Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always wondered that too...fresh Jalapeno's vs pickled types, vs different pickled types where I see the most variance. IMO, there is no logical answer and if you are a foodie or cook, you know that's true. Sometimes Herdez Jalapeno's are totally flat, other times, watch out. Love the carrots too!

None of it matters though - these days I go straight to Sriracha, I think it's made with Thai chili's, which makes sense considering I can eat a ton of Kung Pao without the day fater issues. Mmmm, rooster sauce, makes anything taste like a spicy sushi roll!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    I always thought the seeds gave them their kick, so less seeds, less kick? Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    Always wondered that too...fresh Jalapeno's vs pickled types, vs different pickled types where I see the most variance. IMO, there is no logical answer and if you are a foodie or cook, you know that's true. Sometimes Herdez Jalapeno's are totally flat, other times, watch out. Love the carrots too!

None of it matters though - these days I go straight to Sriracha, I think it's made with Thai chili's, which makes sense considering I can eat a ton of Kung Pao without the day fater issues. Mmmm, rooster sauce, makes anything taste like a spicy sushi roll!
    I'm convinced it's a jalapeño conspiracy. I made my typical fish taco sauce and it's like habanero peppers. Ugh! They're worse than women. I can't understand them!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I'm convinced it's a jalapeño conspiracy. I made my typical fish taco sauce and it's like habanero peppers. Ugh! They're worse than women. I can't understand them!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I consider myself a bit of an expert bc I eat a lot of chiles. However I have the same problem you guys state. I buy serranos to eat, they are all the same hot. Jalapeños are still the best base for salsa etc, but bc they are unpredictable we keep serranos or habaneros and add to mixture if it's not hot enough with jalapeños.

My guess is it's how and where they are grown, we're probably getting some from New York City. 😉

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I consider myself a bit of an expert bc I eat a lot of chiles. However I have the same problem you guys state. I buy serranos to eat, they are all the same hot. Jalapeños are still the best base for salsa etc, but bc they are unpredictable we keep serranos or habaneros and add to mixture if it's not hot enough with jalapeños.

My guess is it's how and where they are grown, we're probably getting some from New York City. 😉

CH3NO2
    Well what do you do when you used too many super hot jalapeños? Lol they're worse than a menopausal lady. Ugh!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Well what do you do when you used too many super hot jalapeños? Lol they're worse than a menopausal lady. Ugh!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Then I'm the only one that eats it, and that's fine by me. 😉

Seriously though, add another tomato or cilantro.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Peppers and Ziggy= no bueno.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Then I'm the only one that eats it, and that's fine by me. 😉

Seriously though, add another tomato or cilantro.

CH3NO2
    My mouth is on fire...I just hope I'm not up all night bc I've gotta be up at 3:30 am 😏

Sent from my Bat Cave

My mouth is on fire...I just hope I'm not up all night bc I've gotta be up at 3:30 am 😏

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Send it over here. 😊

You can add the long green ones too if you don't want it to get to tomato'y. They are usually mild.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2