Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am so sick of this. In the last year my credit union has issued me a new card 4 times. My account was never hit but it was due to the hacked stores that my wife shops. It sucks because I auto pay almost all of my bills and I have to go to each account and change them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Jim, if I had your $$$ I would burn mine, and operate with cash only... :
    I rarely use them, but when I moved some drywall I had to rent a truck from Home Depot, they rent them for almost nothing, you have no choice, you have to give them a card, some stuff it's either give the card up or you don't get it, I hate to use them, for this exact reason and Florida is one of the biggest states for identity theft.

Also had 2 cards hacked, both were visa's and they were on it, we were not responsible for any of the charges. Had new cards in 2 days. We never use debit cards.

Let's see...within the past 2 months....

Home Depot had credit and debit card info stolen to the tune of 56 MILLION cards...they kept that one pretty quiet.
    JP Morgan Chase had account info, not credit card info, stolen to the tune of 76 million households, 7 million small businesses
    Supervalue / Albertson's was hit for the seond time this year for credit and debit cards...still trying to get numbers in on that
    Late breaking...now Sears/KMart and Dairy Queen

Of course, the Target breach reached out to nearly 1/3 of the adult US population....even the CEO was fired over that one.

There's a good chance that within coming months, many of us will be hit. The only real defense is to use 1 debit card, 1 credit card, each with $500-$1000 limits only. And make sure the bank has a VALID phone and email address for you....on the off-chance they might call.

It's kind of like the SoCal water deal. "Do this, do that" they tell consumers and residential customers...and then whamo, none of it matters. The big stuff happens at the top and makes all the smaller efforts futile.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    Of course, the Target breach reached out to nearly 1/3 of the adult US population....even the CEO was fired over that one.
    I got caught up in the Target deal.
    I never shop at Target but for some reason me and the wife went to the Target right before Christmas last year.
    Got a new ATM/debit card with a new number. Not really a bad thing to me. You sure find out who wants your auto debit info.