Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Credit Card Got Hacked

First time it's ever happened to me. It's my B of A company card. Someone tried to use it at a Target in Phoenix. The card has never been out of my possession, not sure how they got number. I'm guessing they made a fake card?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    THey did us recently and charged FIVE, count them FFFIIIIIVE charges at a register on our number....

ALL five charges were for the same amount, like $125... and finally the CC company declined it... It was a Home Depot across the state in K.C. area...

Fake card like U said...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    THey did us recently and charged FIVE, count them FFFIIIIIVE charges at a register on our number....

ALL five charges were for the same amount, like $125... and finally the CC company declined it... It was a Home Depot across the state in K.C. area...

Fake card like U said...
    Yup, the guy said there were 2 identical charges of $180~ and they declined the 3rd. Why would someone be so dumb to try and use over and over with exact same amount? Maybe C2 knows how these guys work.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I think I've been hacked at least 3X. The current problem is company check fraud. Apparently 50 or so checks got "misplaced" by the USPS and somehow got in to the hands of check washers to the tune so far of around $9K. Two of the perps have been arrested. Much more of a pita because you have to close accounts and open new. Cost of checks, affidavits, notaries, and time. Ugh. Bastards anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I think I've been hacked at least 3X. The current problem is company check fraud. Apparently 50 or so checks got "misplaced" by the USPS and somehow got in to the hands of check washers to the tune so far of around $9K. Two of the perps have been arrested. Much more of a pita because you have to close accounts and open new. Cost of checks, affidavits, notaries, and time. Ugh. Bastards anyway.
    Bastages........ I hate crooks........
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I've had mail stolen out of my box and they tuned up my discover card 20k with a partner doing cash advances for them, they caught the guy luckily. I always like it now when the fraud department calls and asks if my card has been misplaced because of 10 transactions in a month to Summit Racing when putting a motor together or, "Did you really just spend $500 at the gas station." Yup, I'm on vacation, and its three different tanks, and I needed a couple of energy drinks from inside. No matter how many times I tell them this is normal in Parker for me, every time, they shut the card down.

We rarely if ever use CCs, but I just got a new card in the mail because of themHome Depot hack job, they just replaced everybody's card just to make sure they didn't get anyone, a big PITA, thieves suck for sure.

We've been hacked 3 times in 2 years. On one occasion my wife was talking with the bank. My wife being a little curious asked the bank what was purchased. The bank was a little reluctant to disclose information at first but then my wife wanted to know. The bank said wine, flowers and a hotel. Just imagine what that could do to a marriage if trust was an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    We rarely if ever use CCs, but I just got a new card in the mail because of themHome Depot hack job, they just replaced everybody's card just to make sure they didn't get anyone, a big PITA, thieves suck for sure.
    Jim, if I had your $$$ I would burn mine, and operate with cash only...

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    We've been hacked 3 times in 2 years. On one occasion my wife was talking with the bank. My wife being a little curious asked the bank what was purchased. The bank was a little reluctant to disclose information at first but then my wife wanted to know. The bank said wine, flowers and a hotel. Just imagine what that could do to a marriage if trust was an issue...
    That would REALLY suck ^^^ fortunately my wife knows just how lucky she is

I've had my credit cards compromised twice. Once my AMEX which they caught before even approving the transaction. When they called me they said it was suspicious bc someone was trying to buy $800 of clothes from some tacky clothing store...they didn't say tacky, but that the transaction was inconsistent with my shopping habits. Lol

Second time was my debit/Visa card, a bunch of less than $100 transactions at Home Depot on the same day different Home Depots. They actually questioned me about it. Kinda pissed me off.

Sent from my Bat Cave