Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Communist Core math

Come on, there's got to be someone out here that is a teacher or is married to one that thinks this shit is crazy. So far they're all tight lipped and defending it. Too afraid to speak out against the system? But will sure raise holy hell for saying God in class.
    What ever happened to multiplying the number given? What is this crap in the little boxes? My son has been high honor roll for 5 years straight, now he misses 8 out of 12 questions? He even knew the right answer using regular math, but got confused doing it the new dumber way.
    On top of all this, how am I as a parent supposed to help him study or correct him if he's confused?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412902947.161931.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  109.2 KB

Oath Keeper

Wtf? Who is the fucktard that made this shit up?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Come on, there's got to be someone out here that is a teacher or is married to one that thinks this shit is crazy. So far they're all tight lipped and defending it. Too afraid to speak out against the system? But will sure raise holy hell for saying God in class.
    What ever happened to multiplying the number given? What is this crap in the little boxes? My son has been high honor roll for 5 years straight, now he misses 8 out of 12 questions? He even knew the right answer using regular math, but got confused doing it the new dumber way.
    On top of all this, how am I as a parent supposed to help him study or correct him if he's confused?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412902947.161931.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  109.2 KB

Oath Keeper
    I get the reason why people have to learn long multiplication, which we use calculators for, but what's the deal with changing math that we already don't do without a calculator? Are they trying to make it even less necessary to learn?

I'd raise hell and shout "One Nation Under God" in between the "WTF is this" comments.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I get the reason why people have to learn long multiplication, which we use calculators for, but what's the deal with changing math that we already don't do without a calculator? Are they trying to make it even less necessary to learn?

I'd raise hell and shout "One Nation Under God" in between the "WTF is this" comments.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Preach it sistah!

My son is in 6th grade and has failed the last 3 tests because I helped him review. I show him how to do the problem, double check the answer and he understands it. Next day he comes home all upset because he missed 12 out of 15 problems on the test. I check and the answers are right. He just didn't get the answer the new way. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It takes 5 minutes to do a problem that should take 1 minute. The thing that really chaps me is that I asked his teacher to call/email me to discuss how I can help him study better. That was two weeks ago and still no contact.

I'm frustrated because I feel like I can't help him study anymore. It doesn't logically make sense to solve the problem the way cc is asking yo to solve it.

Total waste of time and our kids are really going to suffer for it.

I guess we now know why these elected officials can't balance a budget. Or think a small business can afford a 67% payroll increase to its unskilled labor.

Oath Keeper

I don't have kids, but this is very concerning. Is it just in specific school districts? Maybe you need to contact someone at the district level.

Sent from my Bat Cave

I feel ya Skav. I'm really worried about the way they are changing the rules halfway through the game. Are colleges going to put into consideration the lower GPA's because if the rule change?
    Is an employer going to want to check to make sure they show their work to get the answer or are they just going to want the right answer?

Oath Keeper

It's supposed to be nation wide. It's another Obama blunder. Reinventing the wheel just to make him and his nut swinger wife look smart.

Oath Keeper

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Greg:

I see what he did and why the product didn’t match the correct answer, when he multiplied 70x2 he is really actually multiplying 70x20 because the "2" is in the tens column. SO when adding the product of 70x2 (140) and the product of 70x7 (490) he should have the 140 shifted to the left so that it is 1+0 then 4+4 then 9+0 then lastly 0+0 for a sum of 1890

I'm with you, I fought these new techniques, quick ways, improved ideas and finally gave up and let my wife handle it... :( I don't know what to tell U broHAM...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams