Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

84 sanger mini build

This has been a process of frustration due to a shop that will remain nameless. I want to thank Matt letcher, cj21 chris and candance k034/K711
    Dave Connolly at Connolly marine and Todd at Todd's performance specialties for completing my 2 1/2 year project.
    It started in Laredo Wyoming when I drove from lake Havasu to Check out a sanger mini. when i got there It started to snow so I just looked at receipts,cam card and dyno sheet.Todds part of rebuilding the motor was less then 1 week. Dave's was a little longer maybe two weeks should have gone there first Dave and Todd would have saved me a lot of time money and headaches thanks just doesn't seem enough. the next eight photos show the boats condition when purchased
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Last edited by sangermike; 03-07-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Looks great! Congrats on a finished project.

Sent from my Bat Cave

When I got home and had a compression check done it showed two low cylinders. Pulled the motor apart and ha 4 cracked valve seats on the 990 heads. everything was in bad shape so I decided to rebuild the motor with all new parts and increase the cid to 496. the only thing used of the motor was the 10 quart Dooley oil pan. The four bolt mark IV block was purchased from JD marine. New merlin III heads, scat 9000 crank shaft, h beam rods, clevite bearings probe 18cc domed pistons, 850cfm holly marine carp and edlebrock airgap intake topped of the motor. Spark is provided by a dui marine 7000 distributor with dui live wires. All black red horse push lock fittings were used with black hose. V drive was rebuilt by rod at finnies, Dave at Connolly marine checked it and added two gaskets to gain a little more clearance. the velvet drive was rebuilt by bergeron everything is either new or rebuilt.

after the red paint was removed I decided to re gel the entire boat. went with red with black accents and brite white rather then the off white that it came with all gel no paint
    Last edited by sangermike; 10-08-2014 at 10:00 PM.

took my first test drive with Dave Connolly last Sunday only thing that did not work was the left fuel tank reading. the boat is now complete. Todd wants to run it one more time to check the valve lash timing and pull the spark plugs to see if carburetor work is needed. the next photos will be on the lake
    Last edited by sangermike; 10-12-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Also want to thank roger at finney's plastic and powder coating for the windshield all the powder coating (thanks to travis who did the work on the windshield) Roger also fabricated the cavitation plates and did the white coating to match the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by sangermike View Post
    Also want to thank roger at finney's plastic and powder coating for the windshield all the powder coating (thanks to travis who did the work on the windshield) Roger also fabricated the cavitation plates and did the white coating to match the boat.
    [SIZE=Nice Job ! I am redoing one for a guy right now. RACERICK

Thanks, I learned a lot but now it's all worth it the bad stuff just fades away

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Very very nice, the new gel looks fantastico...

Congrats and thanks mucho for sharing the pics / build...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Where are the lake photos, Mike? Can't wait to see them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk