Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Water - real truth

Curious, what's the water situation for real out West, every time we've looked in the Vegas area the lack of water concerned me, not only the drinking water, but the lake water for boating, now whose going to tell me the truth, I would appreciate it, thanks.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Isn't SoCal arid desert???

Without the pipes/reserviors/aqueduct would it would be the SoCal as we know it today???
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Curious, what's the water situation for real out West, every time we've looked in the Vegas area the lack of water concerned me, not only the drinking water, but the lake water for boating, now whose going to tell me the truth, I would appreciate it, thanks.
    I don't have any statistics to quote but it seems we're constantly in a drought according to news. My locale largely relies on ground water with some canal'ed here all the way from Lake Havasu. Most people lifestyle accordingly I.E. small percentage of people have large lawns etc.
    That said, I don't have much fear of running out of water. Now Cali is in another story but I would leave that to one of them to explain. I hear Mateo's water bill is more than all my utilities combined monthly. 😱

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I heard monthly water bills in one of the towns by me is easily $300 a month. And that's on the low end.

People keep moving here from other regions, we keep building houses but not more water storage.
    HOA's will no longer be able to say no to drought resistant landscape. A shit ton of water used is for irrigation. Most people have nice green lawns.
    Pictures of Mead being 60-100 feet low are real, so are the ones of Powell. Yet those two still hold enough for us to survive for years to come.
    Fact of the matter really is we've had very dry winters the past decade and not gotten the rain we normally expect. Reserves are lower than normal but not bone dry by any means. One really good winter could bring it back. Historically the dry decades have been followed by very wet years. My intuition is telling me we might see a wet one this year. Hope I'm right.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

I heard that all the water here in CA is evaporating due to Global Warming??? Lol

We just built a home in Florida....where we are at, we get about 50 inches of rain a year. Where we are from in So Ca........ So Ca average rain is 14 inches a year ,we have had about 4 inches in the last year.The worst drought in my life time.The water in Ca is about a dollar for a unit, which is about 750 gallons.Our water rates in Florida start at 2.50 for a unit which is about a 1000 gallons for the first 5000 gallons and it goes up from there....It may be about the only thing that is more expensive in Florida.....but it makes no sense.

$300 a month, WOW, the two of us use a little over 5,000 gals a month, the price per unit goes up anything over 5K, ours is around $100 a month.

It's not just the domestic water I was always concerned about, it was if I could boat when I wanted to due to the low lake levels, I know Mead is down a ton, you can see it when we fly in, looks like 70-80' or so, but you can see where they've moved the boat docks and ramps.

It's eventually going to have to hit the fan, Cali can't keep taking water from other states when they don;t have any either, doesn't sound like any good solutions either.

Joey,

If you were to move here you would be a Havasu Boater.......we can tell ........Havasu water levels stay fine, as we are fed from Mead and need to have no more than a 2-3' difference to keep our little dam producing the electricity that is clearly needed.

Even if you moved to Vegas cuz we know you love it there all the cool folks boat on Havasu so you'd likely be making the 2 hour drive for some "Real Boating"...............which brings us back to why you won't be leaving FL cuz right now you just go out your back door

Looks like you guys will be relegated to 3 or 4 trips a year to Vegas for some serious fun and do your boating in the Atlantic

PS............if we would just stop sending some large percentage of the water in the Colorado river to Mexico (by treaty) we'd have plenty of water for the western states............but that would be a political statement and I just won't do that here

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Over half the water used is for landscaping. This is change very slowly as the price of water trends upwards.

I think a lot of water is also used in Orange County with all those showers with multiple shower heads.