Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Caption This...

Land of 10,000 .......................... fLakes
    Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    "Engine engine #9, going down Chicago line, if the train should jump the track, do you want your money back?"
    Posted from my Etch A Sketch

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    ^^^^ ahhahahahaha
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I got that photo off of the internet while researching some train stuff. The event happened in the late 40s or early 50s here in Los Angeles, at Union Station. Those familiar with the station know the tracks terminate at the station....which is above, and right next to the Hollywood Freeway. Apparently, the trains braking system either wasn't working right, or the engineer failed to control the train. Either way, the train pushed through the tracks end barrier and went through the wall, dangling the nose right over the freeway below. This shot made all the newspapers of the day. Likely, the engineer had to find employment elsewhere . I really dig those F3 and F7 Electro-Motive Streamliners, as used on the "Super Chief" and "El Capitan" service trains from Los Angeles to Chicago. I have an "HO" scale Super Chief Santa Fe train set, someday I'd like to get the classic "O" scale Santa Fe set. You know you're never too old to have a happy childhood!Name:  train-wreck_colorcorrected.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  205.1 KBName:  super_chief.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  29.3 KB

Land of 10,000 .......................... fLakes
    I really dig those F3 and F7 Electro-Motive Streamliners, as used on the "Super Chief" and "El Capitan"

Name:  super_chief.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  29.3 KB

[threadjack]

Those F series are the sexiest diesel electric locomotive..... EVER. ^^^^^

We had the restored Milwaakee Road #261 4-8-4 come through town this fall.

Heard the whistle and knew it wasn't anything "normal."

Cool seeing it pass by my place....

Posted from my Etch A Sketch

Speaking of trains.....whatever happened to that guy that was big into model trains a few years back. Didn't he get banned or something? Anybody know whom I'm takin about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 4-8-4 is beautiful. Kinda puts things in perspective when we boaters gripe about the money we put into our boats to bring them back, then you look at something like those trains, and realize there are other people just as serious about their passion.Name:  supchetrchidp909.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  77.6 KBName:  32438.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  27.2 KBName:  SUPERCHIEFSTAR.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  24.1 KBName:  T2525-lrg.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  102.9 KB

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I got that photo off of the internet while researching some train stuff. The event happened in the late 40s or early 50s here in Los Angeles, at Union Station. Those familiar with the station know the tracks terminate at the station....which is above, and right next to the Hollywood Freeway. Apparently, the trains braking system either wasn't working right, or the engineer failed to control the train. Either way, the train pushed through the tracks end barrier and went through the wall, dangling the nose right over the freeway below. This shot made all the newspapers of the day. Likely, the engineer had to find employment elsewhere . I really dig those F3 and F7 Electro-Motive Streamliners, as used on the "Super Chief" and "El Capitan" service trains from Los Angeles to Chicago. I have an "HO" scale Super Chief Santa Fe train set, someday I'd like to get the classic "O" scale Santa Fe set. You know you're never too old to have a happy childhood!Name:  train-wreck_colorcorrected.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  205.1 KB
    The NO PARKING sign is a nice touch
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Slippery when wet!