Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rice

Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Non Asian or non Pacific Islander should not reply to this... Us White folk should just step away... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Well it tasted good LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    You put in the rice and water, put on the cover and hit the switch........it turns off when it's done........what's the problem
    I think....let me think....yes, this was my first time ever using a rice cooker lol

This is great!! Lol.. Well, at least you got to eat something!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    This is great!! Lol.. Well, at least you got to eat something!!

I'm beginning to be quite the culinary amateur. So far I haven't really burned anything, hurt anyone (or myself) and no 911 calls. I'm impressed with myself so far LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I'm beginning to be quite the culinary amateur. So far I haven't really burned anything, hurt anyone (or myself) and no 911 calls. I'm impressed with myself so far LOL
    It's a miracle!! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Progress! Oh and although dull knives cut people, sharp ones do too! I've nearly sliced off my fingers with my knives by barely making contact. Be careful!

Soon you'll be able to use my recipes.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Cooking isn't that hard. I haven't set the smoke detectors off once.

So far anyway lol

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    What was the end result Mr HB?

I was going to say that you may have a high starch type of rice in your cooker... Some rice turns out really really sticky due to the variety/type (long grain / short grain / polished / etc...) I THINK, not positive...

The higher the starch the more foamy I would expect the bubbles to be when it starts to boil... Cooking peeled potatoes has the same thing going on depending on the type / starch level...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams