Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grass Fed Beef

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    All grass fed beef is fed corn/grains to fatten them up and make them tender. Cows raised on 100% grass are not tender. It is more of a marketing term, because corn feed beef is mostly fed grass.

Grass fed is supposed to be more environmentally friendly, but there is no real difference other than grass fed down plays the corn part of their diet, or ignores it all together.

Organic certified will make sure your beef was not fed gmo corn/grains. No such thing as gmo grass (not yet), but the grass can be certified organic.
    This is the stuff in eating. I know it was organic, the guy at whole foods explained that part to me. But, I guess I just assumed all grass is organic. There is no GMO stuff in the ones I'm referring to. Thanks HM!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    This is the stuff in eating. I know it was organic, the guy at whole foods explained that part to me. But, I guess I just assumed all grass is organic. There is no GMO stuff in the ones I'm referring to. Thanks HM!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Not all grass is organic. The pasture needs to be free of pesticides and other chemicals not allowed by the standards, and not just that they don't use them, does any runoff that makes it to the pastures include those chemicals? A pasture down stream from other agriculture often can't be certified unless the upstream stuff is also certified.

But, just because something is not certified organic, doesn't mean out doesn't meet the requirements. One of the best deals I got was beef that got onto neighboring fields, that was not certified organic. But in reality, it was the same organic grass, but the fields were never certified...because certification is not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    But, just because something is not certified organic, doesn't mean out doesn't meet the requirements. One of the best deals I got was beef that got onto neighboring fields, that was not certified organic. But in reality, it was the same organic grass, but the fields were never certified...because certification is not cheap.
    Please refer to post #13. I do appreciate all the info. I think the place I got the beef from is certified.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Attachment 46657

And now for the Sprouts taste test

Sent from my Bat Cave

If I would've had "grass fed organic beef" first from Sprouts, I would've saved myself a lot of money bc I would never eat this again. I'm kinda thankful I went to WF first.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    If I would've had "grass fed organic beef" first from Sprouts, I would've saved myself a lot of money bc I would never eat this again. I'm kinda thankful I went to WF first.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    What's the verdict? What's good or not worth the extra $$? I'm confused now.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Try the Bison steaks from Sprouts, they are great. That is the only steaks I eat any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    What's the verdict? What's good or not worth the extra $$? I'm confused now.

CH3NO2
    It was awful. I'll never buy meat from there again. I'm going to stick with Whole Foods until my cow is fully grown and ready to be eaten

I ordered beef from True Pasture Beef and I'm waiting for my delivery, won't be here until the second week of October. It's a local place so I guess I'm waiting for the cow to fully grow. It's like when you go to a restaurant and they take a long time to get your eggs and you say "what are they doing waiting for the chicken to lay an egg?" Well I guess that's me. But, in the interim I'll get my meat from Whole Foods.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by mjc View Post
    Try the Bison steaks from Sprouts, they are great. That is the only steaks I eat any more.
    I don't know anything about bison, I've only had the burgers. I'll try it, any recommendations for cuts?

Sent from my Bat Cave