Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A better script couldn't have been written . . .

I just witnessed historical perfection. Love him or not, Derek Jeter has been the face of the Yankees for a very long time. Simply nicknamed "The Captain" his last at bat in Yankee stadium ever was a script that couldn't have been better written in a book. His signature opposite-field base hit becomes the game-winning walk-off finale of his fantastic Yankees career in his home stadium, in front of the home fans.
    Thanks for the memories Derek Jeter!
    The best things in life aren't things!

Just watched it on Sports Center Doc. The beginning and ending could not have been scripted to that outcome. Almost like a miracle took place in Yankee Stadium on DJ's last home game.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I, much like most of the people on planet Earth, hate the Yankees, but I will say that Jeter has always been a class act compared to most of the "professionals" in the athletic realm these days.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

That's a great way to end a great career!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I just watched it. Got a little teary eyed. Class act for sure.

Great way to end it!

Class act of professional athletes these days. No drama, no look at me , no tabloid bs. Hate the Yankees and what they make of the sport. Jeter is a one of a kind. He is baseball.

Other Side of the Lake,Almost off the Grid.
    I hope George was watching.

Quote Originally Posted by bagged97taco View Post
    Class act of professional athletes these days. No drama, no look at me , no tabloid bs. Hate the Yankees and what they make of the sport. Jeter is a one of a kind. He is baseball.
    Right there ^^^^

Jeter could pull the chicks too...

I'm not a big yankee fan, but they have a great heritage and he's one of the few players that have conducted 99% of their careers with class, so I'm glad he went out with style, congrats to "The Captain"