Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

None of you knew us back then...

Some of you have heard the story, but most of you haven't... Chris had a Beismeyer jet boat.. Our Buddy Drake Kelley from ROKE trailers had a motor, and sold it to Chris, knowing that Chris wanted a motor blown injected on alcohol motor, so Chris put it in the jet bot.. We did maybe 110 in it... At best.. Started racing the 95 nostalgia class the following year, thanks to the Letcher's (not with that motor obviously). After realizing we wanted to run faster, that year, we decided to purchase our own K boat. We took the motor out of the jet boat, purchased a K boat, and went racing.. We didn't do bad, but we weren't doing great either, we finally got his Dad to take one day off of work and show up to a race, and he was all in.. We raced one last race on that motor and it was done.. Joe Irick, Chris' Dad, decided that there was no way for us to even compete with these other k's with the motor we were running at the time. So, what did he do? He started building a new motor.. The first race with that new motor, was the Long Beach flip, which I'm sure you're all familiar with.. Scared us to death.. Chris was reluctant to get in a capsule, but after time, he agreed on getting in the K-711.(thank goodness)... I thought you all might like to see where it all started, just the K motor in the jet boat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I heard the story, but I'd like to heard it again over drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I think I heard the story, but I'd like to heard it again over drinks
    There might be stuff that I left out in the past five years, but this was a quick summary.. Might turn into a long story while having drinks.. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    There might be stuff that I left out in the past five years, but this was a quick summary.. Might turn into a long story while having drinks.. Lol.

I have nothing but time

Just curious did you buy the hull from Shawn?

Could you put two of those in my Formula......................nice boat.

I want to hear the story.. 😝

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    Some of you have heard the story, but most of you haven't... Chris had a Beismeyer jet boat.. Our Buddy Drake Kelley from ROKE trailers had a motor, and sold it to Chris, knowing that Chris wanted a motor blown injected on alcohol motor, so Chris put it in the jet bot.. We did maybe 110 in it... At best.. Started racing the 95 nostalgia class the following year, thanks to the Letcher's (not with that motor obviously). After realizing we wanted to run faster, that year, we decided to purchase our own K boat. We took the motor out of the jet boat, purchased a K boat, and went racing.. We didn't do bad, but we weren't doing great either, we finally got his Dad to take one day off of work and show up to a race, and he was all in.. We raced one last race on that motor and it was done.. Joe Irick, Chris' Dad, decided that there was no way for us to even compete with these other k's with the motor we were running at the time. So, what did he do? He started building a new motor.. The first race with that new motor, was the Long Beach flip, which I'm sure you're all familiar with.. Scared us to death.. Chris was reluctant to get in a capsule, but after time, he agreed on getting in the K-711.(thank goodness)... I thought you all might like to see where it all started, just the K motor in the jet boat...

I think the first time I had the pleasure of meeting you two was on the ramp at L.B. after the races, maybe 2011 or 2012? I missed the 2013 LB event...

And I thought "what a smart looking couple, these two are going places"...

TY for sharing the vids and background CandACE...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 09-23-2014 at 05:37 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I heard the story while we were drinking. It was great and I highly recommend you have her tell you while drinking outside. I got an instant replay of her running in slow motion

Sent from my Bat Cave

Great Story.

I commented on the first video back around 2011. Chris replied that he was building a K. I asked him if he was on RDP since he said he was from the Havasu / Parker area (no HB at the time).
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.