Some of you have heard the story, but most of you haven't... Chris had a Beismeyer jet boat.. Our Buddy Drake Kelley from ROKE trailers had a motor, and sold it to Chris, knowing that Chris wanted a motor blown injected on alcohol motor, so Chris put it in the jet bot.. We did maybe 110 in it... At best.. Started racing the 95 nostalgia class the following year, thanks to the Letcher's (not with that motor obviously). After realizing we wanted to run faster, that year, we decided to purchase our own K boat. We took the motor out of the jet boat, purchased a K boat, and went racing.. We didn't do bad, but we weren't doing great either, we finally got his Dad to take one day off of work and show up to a race, and he was all in.. We raced one last race on that motor and it was done.. Joe Irick, Chris' Dad, decided that there was no way for us to even compete with these other k's with the motor we were running at the time. So, what did he do? He started building a new motor.. The first race with that new motor, was the Long Beach flip, which I'm sure you're all familiar with.. Scared us to death.. Chris was reluctant to get in a capsule, but after time, he agreed on getting in the K-711.(thank goodness)... I thought you all might like to see where it all started, just the K motor in the jet boat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk