Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fireball...

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    Fireball is being recalled in some European countries due to too much propylene glycol. It is used as a sweetener. Love some of the head lines...calling it anti freeze.
    I was hearing about this on the way into work this morning.
    There was one report that said, there is a slight difference in the Fireball that is sold in the US. That is why they are not recalling it here.
    Not sure how accurate that statement is.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I was hearing about this on the way into work this morning.
    There was one report that said, there is a slight difference in the Fireball that is sold in the US. That is why they are not recalling it here.
    Not sure how accurate that statement is.
    It's not accurate at all. The fda says that propylene glycol is gras....generally recognized as safe. Europe does not allow it in food/beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoly View Post
    It's not accurate at all. The fda says that propylene glycol is gras....generally recognized as safe. Europe does not allow it in food/beverages.
    I enjoy propylene glycol shots on occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I enjoy propylene glycol shots on occasion
    It's pretty sweet...No need to shoot it.

I thought propylene glycol is anti freeze....perfect ingredient for Fireball, you won't freeze if your drinking it in sub freezing conditions. 😉

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I thought propylene glycol is anti freeze....perfect ingredient for Fireball, you won't freeze if your drinking it in sub freezing conditions. 😉

CH3NO2
    I'm in the raw material business. Propylene glycol has a lower freeze point and is pretty cheap and yes, is used in anti freeze. Water is also used in antifreeze and coolant and nothing conducts heat like water (for the price) they don't call water "radiator fluid". Propylene glycol gets used in a lot of stuff, but because it is called by its chemical name, it sounds bad. Of we called water dihydrogen oxide, people would freak out....in fact, there is a website that makes fun of how the average person not only has no idea what dihydrogen oxide is, they can get people to sign petitions to ban the use of it.