Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

gps receiver installation

I purchased a autometer gps with a puck style receiver from keith eckhart about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. as my boat had delays in completion due to the shop it was at it is finally time to install the receiver at a new shop. The box and instructions were lost at the shop it was at and i was lucky to get what i got. the receiver has 6 wires unlike the pucks that all of hardin marine business sell now. the extra wire is purple in color. I called the techs at keith eckhart where it was purchased and they only have the 5 wire pucks. Has any one installed a puck with this wire configuration on a autometer gps or is this receiver for another type gps head. any input would be appreciated
    Last edited by sangermike; 09-11-2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Maybe google it and see if you can get the old instructions that way, I've done it several times before with other stuff, good luck.

thanks good idea just googled and found information

Google knows everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know if you need additional help with this, we had the same issue with Drake's boat and got it working.

google makes all of us look smart, some just smart and some smart azzez.........................lmao.

Glad you found what you're looking for, it's worked for me many times.

thanks Candace I'll let you know if we don't get it working

Quote Originally Posted by sangermike View Post
    thanks Candace I'll let you know if we don't get it working
    For sure, I'm pretty sure if I got in there I would remember what wires went where to get it to work because I was really careful with it.. If not we can always goo look at drake's real quick and get it done. It was actually pretty simple once we had all the wire diagrams (that weren't with anything either) If I remember correctly, there was still a wire from the puck that didn't need to be used.. I was working with a auto meter and lavorski though.

Probably not the same, but I have a Livorsi puck signaling a Mercury Smartcraft instrument. I'm using 4 wires, red pos, black neg, and a blue one and a white one going to the Nema connections. I think there is an orange wire coming from puck that is unused.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Probably not the same, but I have a Livorsi puck signaling a Mercury Smartcraft instrument. I'm using 4 wires, red pos, black neg, and a blue one and a white one going to the Nema connections. I think there is an orange wire coming from puck that is unused.

CH3NO2
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it was!