Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Lmfao!! :p
    Grads would love to use that comment.

CH3NO2
    Lol, he's probably reading posts right now, just wishing he had said that!! But, anyways... Mike, did they get it figured out? If not, we can come down this weekend and take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was to simple dave just hooked up the wires as the 5 wire puck and appears to be working fine. we'll know when it gets wet soon.I appreciate the offer.

How far did Matt make it on the boat before he got sick Mike? Oh and what the hell post up some pics of that beautiful ride!!

after Matt got sick i decided to check out the cam (he did not install that or any of the other things that i'll talk about) the cam which i was told was a solid roller turned out to be a used hydraulic crane cam with rust and pits on one or two of the lobes not the new cam i paid for. having solid roller lifters and valve springs on the merlin heads set up for solid rollers i'm not sure how long the motor would have last. nothing matt did was wrong but the motor was completely taken apart. I took the boat to connolly's marine. he recommended that i take the motor to todd's performance. It turned that used rod and main bearings were installed not the new clevite bearings that I paid for. The only thing that did not have to be redone was the wiring and stuff that Chris and Candace did. dave connolley removed the shaft log that was counter sunk from the bottom leaving two holes in the shaft log that were not used. I told (name not mentioned) to install them from the top the way the were. when the shaft log was removed the shaft almost hit the side where it went through the boat. when dave removed the whip strut it moved even more. dave removed the strut and aligned every thing correctly the hole were filled and bottom re- gelled. the motor was so dirty that the cylinders had marks on them just from turning it over by hand. the motor has been completely rebuilt with a new solid roller cam, lifters , new bearings and push rods. I was luckey that i had a bad feeling about the cam that we didn't have a cam card for. to be continued
    Last edited by sangermike; 09-14-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Name:  116.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  33.3 KBName:  SAM_0801.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  57.6 KBName:  SAM_0834.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  53.1 KBName:  SAM_0895.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  81.9 KB[ATTACH=CONFIG]45560 Here's the progress so far. all the plumbing is complete with push lock hose and fittings, just finishing some wiring on the motor and velvet drive and adjustments to the interior. oh yea we need to run the motor set the valves hot and some misc stuff and it will be wet soon. I can't thank matt, chris ,candace, dave connolly and todd at todds performance enough. almost done
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesome, Can't wait till she's done, Mike!!

That really sucks to hear Mike. Yeah I had mentioned a couple times that I would have had the motor looked at but good thing you did.. Cant wait to see pics of you and the wife heading up river in it..

yea that will be soon, both tod and dave have been incredibly fair and fast and knowledgeable with their work. I heard mat was back to work if he is please let me know. the last time i talked to him he didn't sound to good so i haven't called as i didn't want to bother him.

started the motor today fired right up. only things left are final adjustment on cavitation plates, run the motor and adjust timeing and valves when hot then install the interior. the left tank is not reading but I only put in 7 gallons don't know if its stuck from sitting so long but that will be easy and not a major issue. won't be long now

Quote Originally Posted by sangermike View Post
    started the motor today fired right up. only things left are final adjustment on cavitation plates, run the motor and adjust timeing and valves when hot then install the interior. the left tank is not reading but I only put in 7 gallons don't know if its stuck from sitting so long but that will be easy and not a major issue. won't be long now
    Nice, Mike!!! Let us know when you have it back home!