Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunburned eyeballs

Don't think I've ever had this happen, but holy shit is this a pain in the eye.

Over the weekend shooting pics at Bayfair, I'm pretty sure I burned my eyes. I've shot a lot of events, but maybe the combination of the heat, wind, and shooting in to the sun finally got to me. The past couple days my eyes have been killing me (I embellish), but still very uncomfortable.

In the past I've kept my sunglasses on because the boats were pretty close. Makes focusing easy. When they're that far away, you really have to get in the view finders face to focus. So the glasses have to come off.

Note to self:

Don't do that again

This event has a way with sunburning people!

Oh geez, not another sunburn at Bayfair. I tried to warn everybody. :p

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Warning Will Robinson, be careful, you've only got one set of eyeballs, thanks for the pics though.

I got that very badly on Havasu one time. I lost my sunglasses first thing in the morning and didn't have any all day. My eyes were stuck shut when I worked in the morning. Doctor told me is was similar to flash burn that you get when you look at a welder without eye protection. It took a month or so to heal up and get my full vision back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
    I got that very badly on Havasu one time. I lost my sunglasses first thing in the morning and didn't have any all day. My eyes were stuck shut when I worked in the morning. Doctor told me is was similar to flash burn that you get when you look at a welder without eye protection. It took a month or so to heal up and get my full vision back.
    Oh shit that long?? Job hazard I guess. I wonder if I should write myself up? haha

Maybe I should be under a doctors care. Lot of that going around lately HAHAHAHA.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Oh shit that long?? Job hazard I guess. I wonder if I should write myself up? haha

Maybe I should be under a doctors care. Lot of that going around lately HAHAHAHA.
    Yes u should, but not for your eyes...

Name:  doc.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  30.6 KB
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Don't think I've ever had this happen, but holy shit is this a pain in the eye.

Over the weekend shooting pics at Bayfair, I'm pretty sure I burned my eyes. I've shot a lot of events, but maybe the combination of the heat, wind, and shooting in to the sun finally got to me. The past couple days my eyes have been killing me (I embellish), but still very uncomfortable.

In the past I've kept my sunglasses on because the boats were pretty close. Makes focusing easy. When they're that far away, you really have to get in the view finders face to focus. So the glasses have to come off.

Note to self:

Don't do that again

Did that ice fishing, felt like I had gravel in my eyes. Not fun at all....

Quote Originally Posted by framer1 View Post
    Did that ice fishing, felt like I had gravel in my eyes. Not fun at all....
    I actually think I did it Saturday. Sunday when I was trying to shoot my eyes were killing me. I think I just made it worse.

Ice fishing huh? That's on my bucket list

Maybe you should file with HB.com's workers compensation department?