Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    The problem I see with most penny stocks is "Pump and Dump"........the big swings all seem to happen just before you get in and just before you get out (on the way down)................I got on someone's email list once and I see this shit all the time with the big hype emails, the price having gone up 200% in the last few days with a fantastic story and a target that is somewhere near $2....then you follow it for a couple more days, see HUGE volume and then it comes crashing down faster than a Lead Zeppelin and is worth nothing before you can hit the sell button........like you said pretty much all happens in the blink of an eye
    Yup. You have to get in before the "blast faxes" go out.

So why can't he go to a bank for funding like any other business? Bad credit or something??

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    So why can't he go to a bank for funding like any other business? Bad credit or something??
    I have no direct knowledge of Topock 66 but here's how I read it;

There is no way they can build that hotel for $1M or even $6M. I would opine that originally they needed to put up $6M cash or security to secure the necessary funding to complete the hotel project.......maybe something north of $20M. The statement that they only need to raise $1M as a result of their success (read profitable, cash-flow positive) even though the cost to develop the entire project remains the same as there is no way in hell they will be building much more than a few rooms for $1M.

What say you Mateo.......this is your profession???

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Well I don't know anything about this specific deal or this type of development, but in my business which was residential land development when I put together my cost estimate and P&L statements for whoever (lending institution) I was asking a loan for I would normally have to fork over 20% cash equity (sometimes in the millions) and of course the bank had a first deed of trust on anything I bought and they got their money first before I ever saw a dime of profit,..................... never lost one loan, I must have done something right, I got out at 50yo,............. maybe it's for the equity, crap I don't know.

I have no direct knowledge of Topock 66 but here's how I read it;

There is no way they can build that hotel for $1M or even $6M. I would opine that originally they needed to put up $6M cash or security to secure the necessary funding to complete the hotel project.......maybe something north of $20M. The statement that they only need to raise $1M as a result of their success (read profitable, cash-flow positive) even though the cost to develop the entire project remains the same as there is no way in hell they will be building much more than a few rooms for $1M.

What say you Mateo.......this is your profession???
    Have you seen the plans? 20M is a lot of hotel. We are building 2-4 story hotels in CA and we are in the 12-13M range.

Quote Originally Posted by cab_01 View Post
    Have you seen the plans? 20M is a lot of hotel. We are building 2-4 story hotels in CA and we are in the 12-13M range.
    I don't have the slightest........I guess I was envisioning a true "Resort"......but $20M was a completely arbitrary number as an example

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

I don't have the slightest........I guess I was envisioning a true "Resort"......but $20M was a completely arbitrary number as an example
    LOL yeah a resort would be big money.

Topock hands down is the best food on the river and great prices!! They dont rape you on prices and poor quility food like Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by papaletch4130 View Post
    Topock hands down is the best food on the river and great prices!! They dont rape you on prices and poor quility food like Pirates.
    I agree with you 100%.........the best food on the water, only place that comes close IMHO is the Inner Harbor at the Springs they also don't rip your head off although the location isn't even close!!

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by papaletch4130 View Post
    I agree with you 100%.........the best food on the water, only place that comes close IMHO is the Inner Harbor at the Springs they also don't rip your head off although the location isn't even close!!
    Agree with both of you on both places.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2