Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How about some boating

My Daughter came down last week over the Labor Day Holiday and we got out on the water and bit, went to lunch and then to the beach, turned out to be a beautiful day.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by 314joey; 09-09-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Nice!
    When are you going to buy the center console? Any ideas on what you ere going to get yet?

Boating in Florida is always a great time! Gotta get down there again soon!
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Wow boating content.....this looks like such a cool place to boat!!!

Joey, how would you rate the boating in FL vs. LOTO.......I'm sure it's different but I have always wondered about the pros and cons of each???

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

You don't see boats like this at LOTO. The ICW is fun and it's easy to step out into open water on nice days. We went everywhere by boat for the most part as it was more fun than the truck.

Name:  FtLauderdale 042.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  FtLauderdale 045.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  FtLauderdale 047.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  63.6 KB

Oh, and the sportfishers are all docked at the Hatteras factory... instant wood!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Nice!
    When are you going to buy the center console? Any ideas on what you ere going to get yet?
    We're taking the Formula back after this winter boating season for the LOTO 2015 summer and leaving it there, then start looking for a 30-32' CC for down here, lots to do, we want to use the Formula down here for one more winter, then back she goes in the Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    Boating in Florida is always a great time! Gotta get down there again soon!
    Boating in the ICW and the Gulf is awesome, love the sportfishing boats, there's a few by us and they are so cool, nice pics BTW

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post

Boating in the ICW and the Gulf is awesome, love the sportfishing boats, there's a few by us and they are so cool, nice pics BTW
    We were on the Atlantic side a few years back for the boat show. Had a great run from the big cruise ship port up along the coast a good 15 miles or so in 3-4's with just the moon, stars, and lights from the coast lighting it up. Late October and it was warm, the water was awesome, and we got in some rain as well. Great time!

Hatteras is on my short list of boats. Viking is there as well. Something in the 60-65' range with a pair of MTU diesels would suit me just fine.

Oh, and the big boats have no problem running over the little boats if you give them the chance...

Name:  FtLauderdale 056.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  79.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Wow boating content.....this looks like such a cool place to boat!!!

Joey, how would you rate the boating in FL vs. LOTO.......I'm sure it's different but I have always wondered about the pros and cons of each???
    Paul, I rank them about equal, just so totally different, boating between the island up the ICW or out in the open water (Gulf) is just amazing, you have to watch you GPS to stay out of trouble (shallow), gotta stay in the channels.

Most find it hard to believe, but boating down here isn't nearly as rough as the water (washing tub) back at LOTO, it's so rough midday on any normal Saturday afternoon boating at LOTO, I wouldn't boat with any boat smaller than a 30'fter at LOTO, my Formula takes a beating sometimes at LOTO, but not so much down here, down here I'd go out in a 20-24' CC any day the weather permits.

Even though there's lots or restaurants/bars down here, it still doesn't compare to what we have back at LOTO and LOTO is becoming the powerboat capital of the country and on any given day you can see tons of high dollar powerboats, it's like a boat show most weekends, I've boated most lakes, rivers and oceans and LOTO is hard to beat, but the winters suck, so we're gonna do the snowbird thing and live 7 months down here and 5 months back at LOTO, seems like the best thing to do, if any of you get out to LOTO or down here give us a shout and we'll get you out and show you what we mean.

Happy boating all.

Wendi
    Great pics looks.like a great time!!!