Trailer width in Cali...

I couldn't find a perfect spot for this question, so I'm throwing it here since I figure some of you could answer it. I've got a 20'8" Hallett Mini Day Cruiser that I have added wheels, tires and 10" SS fenders not thinking about the width until now. Original stuff (wheels, tires, fenders) and the width was right 102". now I'm at 103.5".

Am I going to have an issue with the CHP ya think?

Thanks!

I seriously doubt they'll catch the width difference unless there is an accident or situation persisting, (like you continually crossing into another lane) that would cause them to ever measure but the bottom line is that an eight of an inch over 102 is illegal. I had a utility trailer build for me to spec and when I bolted my wheels and tires on it exceeded 102 and I had to use "unusual measures" to get it properly licensed.
    The best things in life aren't things!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I seriously doubt they'll catch the width difference unless there is an accident or situation persisting, (like you continually crossing into another lane) that would cause them to ever measure but the bottom line is that an eight of an inch over 102 is illegal. I had a utility trailer build for me to spec and when I bolted my wheels and tires on it exceeded 102 and I had to use "unusual measures" to get it properly licensed.
    That's interesting Doc, considering AZ's max is 96"
    Makes you wonder how many "illegal" trailer pass thru Havasu in a given summer
    Cal is 8'6''
    Last edited by gn7; 09-11-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Cal is 8'6''
    None if its a Federal Funded Highway you come in on .

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Cal is 8'6''
    I have five legal trailers, licensed in Arizona, Bob. All are within an inch of 102 or 8' 6" so I believe our legal width is 102 like California. How you been doing?
    The best things in life aren't things!

According to what I found, 8'6" is max w/o a permit in AZ with the exception of a few state hwys --- like SR 88 and SR 288. A bit of reading but it's covered here:
    http://www.azsos.gov/public_services/Title_17/17-06.htm

oh my gosh............quickjet scott built me a trailer and I put 16" fat boy fenders w17" mustang rims and it was a total of 104+ looks like a steam roller with the flatty on it I sold it and the boat and its in north cali its been 2 yrs nobody has been pulled over................Name:  DSCN0073.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  91.3 KB
    Last edited by mouzer; 11-15-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    FUGITIVE RECOVER/CHEATING SPOUSE/SKIP TRACE/STALKER

found the pics in my album sorry there pics of s a pic but u get the idea..doing my hydro trailer 106 "Name:  DSCN0072.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  88.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I have five legal trailers, licensed in Arizona, Bob. All are within an inch of 102 or 8' 6" so I believe our legal width is 102 like California. How you been doing?
    my new trailer will b 106 + " wider then my last 1 pic above...........im a truck driver 102" they can kiss my butt

102 is legal in all states