CA Bill - SB-808 Firearms: identifying information.

Does anyone have any more info on this bill?
    Seems like it affects people building guns in CA.
    Why am I not surprised???

SB 808 (de Leon): Criminalization of home-built firearms. Bans the sale, transfer, and inheritance of home-built firearms. Requires you to PERMANENTLY DEFACE all un-serialized handguns, and all long guns made after December 16, 1968, with a DOJ-issued serial number – EVEN IF CURRENTLY LEGAL. ** Warning: Retroactive **

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201320140SB808

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/c...o-gun-control/

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me read some more, this doesn't sound good...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

WOW, this is serious and MAJOR... not just related to home built guns... there are ALOT of details hanging off of this one (as always) and will impact all gun owners as I read AND will create a very big bureaucracy to manage the records, resulting in higher taxes...

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...1628397c6e5942
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    WOW, this is serious and MAJOR... not just related to home built guns... there are ALOT of details hanging off of this one (as always) and will impact all gun owners as I read AND will create a very big bureaucracy to manage the records, resulting in higher taxes...
    http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...1628397c6e5942
    Yah I thought so as well.
    I am not that big into guns yet but am seriously thinking about a few I would like to get.
    Its very difficult for me to read the type of language they use when writing these bills. So if I am reading it correctly, I need to have mine build within the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Yah I thought so as well.
    I am not that big into guns yet but am seriously thinking about a few I would like to get.
    Its very difficult for me to read the type of language they use when writing these bills. So if I am reading it correctly, I need to have mine build within the next year.
    Your gun will not really be a home built, it will have a #

As soon as you buy the stripped lower, your FFL dealer will create the paperwork and you essentially own the gun... Building versus buying just allows you to customize and build it at your own pace...

THis would apply to MANY guns (ARs and pistols) that are built at home from semi finished recievers, they would have to likely bring in their gun and have it numbered, caliber registered, etc... Which sucketh...

THe way I see this playing out is that the guys that have these UNnumbered pistols and rifles, they will keep them, and those guns will never see the light of day until the SHIT goes bad and the next LA riots start... I sure wouldnt play their game, I would just put mine away forever...

For your build, it just adds to the "gun registry" (and raises your taxes) aspect as I read this legalease... for the bad guys and the psychos, it does NOTHING...

The silly thing about all these gun laws are they don't do anything to stop the killing and murders with unlicensed unlawful guns, that's the problem, I could never live in a state that doesn't allow me to carry, it's my constitutional right.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    The silly thing about all these gun laws are they don't do anything to stop the killing and murders with unlicensed unlawful guns, that's the problem, I could never live in a state that doesn't allow me to carry, it's my constitutional right.
    Agreed 100%.
    Living here in CA is not the best that's for sure.

RR, try PMing DJUNKIE or MrDenton and see if they can point you to the CALI laws/guidelines for building from a stripped lower and what you must have aside from "bullet button" which is a non issue/easy AND not having a bayonet lug...

THey may be able to point you to a FFL / dealer in the SFV / LA basin / OC that they like to work with...

I know they don't have any guns, they sold them all to a guy named Joe at a gun show last weekend... BUT they may have a name or insight for U...

I sold all of mine last weekend at a gun show as well... A guy named Joe bought them all...