Thread: AR15 info???

AR15 info???

So I am looking to purchase/have one made before they become obsolete here in CA.
    Any info would be great. I am relatively new to owning guns and currently have an 12 gauge shot gun and a Ruger .357 revolver.
    Any tips or pointers on what I should be looking for or options I should look into when buying such gun?

Are you looking to move to Ferguson, Missouri.

St. Louis is our hometown and boy am I embarrassed, what a mess.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    So I am looking to purchase/have one made before they become obsolete here in CA.
    Any info would be great. I am relatively new to owning guns and currently have an 12 gauge shot gun and a Ruger .357 revolver.
    Any tips or pointers on what I should be looking for or options I should look into when buying such gun?
    U should build your own... There are at least two peeps here that know the Cali statutes and can guide you, I would pick up a stripped lower to start with... IF your going to build a AR15 pistol you may need to get one with a SN that is specific, as per Cali laws... IDK...

I think you will like putting together the lower and it will remove much of the mystery of the gun... As for the upper assy, one of the guys here may have something to sell...

Once you have the legal lower that fits your plans you essentially "have the gun" and you can build/alter/buy at your own pace...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    U should build your own... There are at least two peeps here that know the Cali statutes and can guide you, I would pick up a stripped lower to start with... IF your going to build a AR15 pistol you may need to get one with a SN that is specific, as per Cali laws... IDK...

I think you will like putting together the lower and it will remove much of the mystery of the gun... As for the upper assy, one of the guys here may have something to sell...
    Once you have the legal lower that fits your plans you essentially "have the gun" and you can build/alter/buy at your own pace...
    Thanks!
    So it sounds like I need to look for a "lower" to get started. I like the idea of building as I go as opposed to buying one from a store.

Looking forward to any info you will share. I have bought 2 AR10 80%ers and one AR15 80%er