Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Hey Bruce, which Fords have these Allison trannys?
    My Ford has a Cummins with an Allison auto. 1997 F700

Quote Originally Posted by JBS View Post
    My Ford has a Cummins with an Allison auto. 1997 F700
    Great! I have a Ford dealer just a couple miles down the street! Which model should i look for with the Allison?
    The best things in life aren't things!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Hey Bruce, which Fords have these Allison trannys?
    The ones pictured above are from trash trucks... The airport tugs use a medium size Allison and they are breaking the cases quite often since the tugs essentially don't have springs/suspension...

I think to get an Allision in a FORD your going to have to shop for a F550 and up, I really dont know BUT I know. I have a guy for that...

"The 2016 F-650 and F-750 trucks, which will go on sale in the spring of 2015, will be assembled at Ford's plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, and feature chassis, engine and transmissions all built in-house.

For years, the two vehicles were built on chassis made in Escobedo, Mexico, under a joint venture with Navistar, using diesel engines supplied by Cummins and transmissions supplied by Allison."

Personally I would pick the version JBS has A Cummins engine and an Allision trans should be a stout and reliable combo for a LONG time...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-19-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I'm yanking your chain Bruce.

Remember where both Buzzz and Paul work. They've already seen and tested everything Ford will put out in the next few years. Ask them about the Kingsford Ranch edition F-150. Photos already hit the internet with that one but you might never find them under that "nickname."
    The best things in life aren't things!

I'm yanking your chain Bruce.

Remember where both Buzzz and Paul work. They've already seen and tested everything Ford will put out in the next few years. Ask them about the Kingsford Ranch edition F-150. Photos already hit the internet with that one but you might never find them under that "nickname."

Kingsford Ranch, I like it...

Ya ya ya, I know you guys are chebby guys...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    My buddies at the shop here do SWEAR by the synthetic for these big slipNgrips... THey say that there is no doubt about the increase in hard parts life with the full synthetic on high high mileage transmissions...

Most of their work is on trash trucks with a BAZILLION miles on them... THese little 1000s are about 1/3 the diameter for the frictions/steels/torque converters...
    Transynd is the way to go with the Allison. From cooler operating temps, to 100K miles in between changes in normal conditions, and even like 50,000 miles in severe conditions, like your trash trucks. Those were always a shop favorite.

To get an idea the abuse that a trash truck takes, you just have to watch one run down the road... they idle, then WFO to the next can, idle, then WFO all over again. Not to mention all the trash and debris that gets packed around the transmissions and in the coolers. Those things take a licking!
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

I have the Gen 4 six speed behind an 8.1. Sounds like next fluid change (soon) I'll switch to the Transynd.

2MM, I changed the fluid in Motorhome about 8 months ago and used Transynd. I also added a Mag Hytec deep sump aluminum pan. Knowing there's still old oil in the converter, am I pissing $$ away not being able to get a complete evacuation and mixing Transynd?
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    2MM, I changed the fluid in Motorhome about 8 months ago and used Transynd. I also added a Mag Hytec deep sump aluminum pan. Knowing there's still old oil in the converter, am I pissing $$ away not being able to get a complete evacuation and mixing Transynd?
    I dont think you are... How many miles are on the thing and how many miles do you travel per year???

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I dont think you are... How many miles are on the thing and how many miles do you travel per year???
    It has 43000 miles ~, I'm second owner and do not know service history. I put about 5000 miles a year on it.
    Based on the previous owners care of unit I would guess it had a fluid change at 25K miles.
    CH3NO2