Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool kit

Tool kit

Ok!

I wanna hear from the creative/McGyver boaters.

Who has a bad azz tool kit for their boat...describe the items...and where to get them.

No Harbor Freight stuff lol.

Photos are great if you have it for your boat let me see it.

This is difficult for me because I want to bring the Snap On rolling tool chest everywhere.

Goals it has to be in a really small tool bag....to be carried on a cat style boat. A cannot live without it type deal.

I need to go boating after Powell I'm having serious H2O withdrawals.

I carry a WESTWARD 100+ piece COMBO wrench/socket kit from GRAINGER.small FLUKE digital meter and a SNAP-ON1/2" drive breaker bar and socket to remove prop and a assortment of screwdrivers

I don't carry any tools. Never have really. Maybe a Leatherman. Most important tool is my phone and AJ from Barrett Custom Marine's cell number lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kept one of these under the seat of my Hondo for 12 plus years. Didn't really use it though... I don't take anything in the Biese since I don't go very far.

Name:  Multi-Wrench-EH4501-.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  26.1 KB

16" long canvas tool bag with:

Ratchets and all necessary sockets, extensions, etc
    Screw drivers
    Allen set with extra 1/8" ones, and 1 long one for MSD cap.
    Allen socket for exhaust and water pump bolts
    Needle nose, dikes, side cutters
    End wrenches and 2 crescent wrenches
    Knife and watertight tape
    Multimeter, wire, connectors and fuses
    Merc shifter tool
    Spare water pump
    Spare MSD cap and rotor
    Spare plugs
    Jumper cables
    Plastic divided container with all assorted stainless bolts, nuts, washers, Allen screws and fasteners
    Plastic divided container with spare everything Holley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I kept one of these under the seat of my Hondo for 12 plus years. Didn't really use it though... I don't take anything in the Biese since I don't go very far.

Name:  Multi-Wrench-EH4501-.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  26.1 KB
    I like that Jerry because one of the items in the tool bag must be a crescent...small Phillips and good Craftsman medium sized flat blade screwdriver, diagonal cutters and zip ties, pliers, black electrical tape....would like some allen or hex head tools but don't really know any creative stuff like the tool above.

I would like to carry some tools in a water proof bag so things don't get wet or rust out.

Some gear heads must have thought about a bad azz tool bag...for boaters maybe even stainless tools etc..

OH Where can you buy that???
    Last edited by KAP; 08-18-2014 at 06:09 PM.

I don't carry much, what I do has been mentioned except a long flexible hose cleaner(36") in case of clogged water passage. It worked for me once on a CLE lower. Have not had to use it on my 3.0 Sportmasters. I don't have a pic with me but it's something you might find at a hardware store that sells cooler parts. It's used for cleaning out the spider on a swamp cooler.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    16" long canvas tool bag with:

Ratchets and all necessary sockets, extensions, etc Ahh hell no this would take up a whole tray.
    Screw drivers Only two of each
    Allen set with extra 1/8" ones, and 1 long one for MSD cap. Now on Allen/Hex Head stuff it needs to be creative.
    Allen socket for exhaust and water pump bolts Nope I have two motors.
    Needle nose, dikes, side cutters Side cutters YES
    End wrenches and 2 crescent wrenches Hmmm you got me thinking about crescents two would be nice.
    Knife and watertight tape This I forgot about that self sealing miracle tape stuff and a knife duh.
    Multimeter, wire, connectors and fuses Fuses always plus they are small already have them on boat
    Merc shifter tool Nope
    Spare water pump Nope
    Spare MSD cap and rotor Nope
    Spare plugs Nope
    Jumper cables This one is really hard when you need it!
    Plastic divided container with all assorted stainless bolts, nuts, washers, Allen screws and fasteners
    Plastic divided container with spare everything Holley Nope

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good start but remember I have a twin engine boat and all the things I said Nope to were great ideas but not absolutely necessary for me because I could limp in on one motor.

The tools I want need to be... absolutely necessary must have items.

Your knife although basic in thought IS A HUGE MUST HAVE why because if you get fishing line caught up on props or kelp you need to get the job done. One that floats would be bad azz and had a lanyard so if your cutting away stuff if it slipped out of your hand and end up at the bottom of who knows were your SOL.

That is why this crescent wrench put up by Jerry is bad azz it provides redundant tools for you just in case you need another knife or thingama jig.

Keep thinking its a great start.

I want a great light...but don't know if flashlight or small spot light is better. I bought a Energizer head lamp that works bitchin in the boat. I used it at night to put the cockpit cover on. Lets you use both hands and is LED puts out tons of light.

Damn, I say just take a tow rope.. Get back to your tools, fix it on the trailer, then get back on the water. Lol.

OR just don't break?? 😉