Thread: Parts needed

Parts needed

Looking for oil bath caps for my 1968 trailer there made by superior sports specialties Lube Seal brand out of San Fernando Ca they are no longer around hoping some one might have some laying around there 1.980 hub do. Plastic usually tinted light blue w blue center plug for fill in center Any help Wild Bill Sparks Nv. Unable to post pic on pad here will do work later

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    Looking for oil bath caps for my 1968 trailer there made by superior sports specialties Lube Seal brand out of San Fernando Ca they are no longer around hoping some one might have some laying around there 1.980 hub do. Plastic usually tinted light blue w blue center plug for fill in center Any help Wild Bill Sparks Nv. Unable to post pic on pad here will do work later
    Why can't you use standard buddy bearing caps?

1.980 spindle seal EBAY

1.980 black caps

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I can get them if we don't already stock them. Do they screw in or press in. 1.98 is pretty common size. Ours won't be blue. Probable Steel with a black plug.
    “Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

― Bluto' Blutarsky in "Animal House"

Not sure these would hold oil but they may.

“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

― Bluto' Blutarsky in "Animal House"

Here is what Bill posted on the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

the steel ones

I have tried the steel ones they won't hold oil unless you glue the cap on and that makes it difficult to ck level I'll keep looking Thanks SnoC653 for posting pic I had an plastic co here bid to make ones ouch a little pricey to have them made Wild Bill PS AZKC they are pressed in thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Did you check w/ these folks? http://www.redneck-trailer.com/

Scroll to section 40 / 41 http://www.redneck-trailer.com/Porta...nt/files/B.pdf
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Was able to repair 1 old one had 3 new ones bought years ago at flea market I'll just keep looking thanks Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images