Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Candlestick Park

Just saw on the news Paul McCartney is performing a concert tonight at Candlestick then it gets the wrecking ball. Lot of history in that park. Remember the big earthquake during World Series and Al Michaels was doing play by play, everything started shaking and then TV coverage went dark?
    CH3NO2

I can remember going there when I was a kid.....dressed in my Little League uniform

We sat in the bleachers in Center field.....when they actually were bleachers. You could see right out to the bay and it was really cold when the wind would come up.......Bleacher seats were $1 in 1968. We could go down to the fence (Chain link in those days) and talk to the players when they were warming up....some were more friendly than others but I'll never forget Willie Mays would always come over and talk to the kids.....and usually throw his warm up ball over the fence after he was done......kids today just can't imagine getting that close to the players!! ....I also got a chance to see Willie Mays hit his 600th Home run there one day and still have the keychain they gave everyone that was there that day as a souvenir....a true piece of San Francisco history bites the dust!!

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    I can remember going there when I was a kid.....dressed in my Little League uniform
    !!
    Impressed you can remember that. My kids call those days what they teach in history class

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Impressed you can remember that. My kids call those days what they teach in history class
    You mean your kids in COLLEGE!!!

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Lol...
    CH3NO2

They've been talking about that all day today on news radio. They interviewed a lady who was there in 1966 when the Beatles last played there. She was 13. She still had her ticket from then. She's gonna be there tonight.
    I went to a Giants game mid 90's. There was a firework show after the game. It was so windy that a mortar shell was blown into the parking lot and it landed right next to where we were parked. People in the parking lot told us it was "this close" to landing under our car and possibly catching it on fire.

I bet Grads is there tonight on behalf of his beloved 49R's.
    CH3NO2

GRADS
    I've got a lot of good memories from that place. A couple that really stand out are Willie McCovey's last game....I think it was the summer of 1980. Also the Monsters of Rock tour in 1988....a nine hour concert with Vah Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken an Kingdom Come. A few good Niners games as well. I'd love to get a couple seats from that place.

Did it revert back to Candlestick from the various corporate names. I much prefer using original name.
    CH3NO2

Joe Montana to Jerry Rice.....................
    ..........................................Touchdow n!!!

Heard that a few times.
    CH3NO2