Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's a design thing.

People choose colors based on what they have seen on other boats and or vehicles.

For example the bottom photo you posted is a copy of the design on Bob Bulls MTI. Customer sees that and says hey I like that or a car manufacturer builds a Lambo. Then people say yeah those colors are bad azz. They forget about choosing colors that are timeless rather they pick colors and designs that are fad or popular for the moment.

In gel color schemes are really hard because that is what you are stuck with for the life of the boat. Whereas paint you can sand it down and re-paint at your leisure. Gel is more durable and harder to scratch. Paint is easy to scratch [don't I know it] but the [three D] effects you get with paint are amazing. The fades drop shadowing in a great paint job are absolutely stunning.

If anyone is worried about picking color and design then they should probably opt for a white boat.

I think green is going to be the next color of choice. Oh and the tuxedo black and white is always a timeless choice.

Great topic! I always wonder why people choose to copy rather than come up with a graphic design that is suited to their personality or tastes.

P.S. As for beaching.... my hull bottom is white but I rarely ever beach my boat. I stern tie off to a sandbar and anchor the front.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I hear ya, my boat is a 95 and is purple... Talk about.....
    Its time for a come back, just took an order for a new build and its going to be purple.

Quote Originally Posted by icb1 View Post
    Its time for a come back, just took an order for a new build and its going to be purple.
    I think you are right. I just saw on Facebook that Cobra just built a purple one also...everything always comes back around lol

Rootbeer brown is a big trend in hotrods right now...