Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WMC View Post
    I would

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    I'm also thinking part time park security guard LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I'm also thinking part time park security guard LOL
    I would pay you to watch my shit. Beer payments ok?

In all seriousness it sounds good right now. But will the fun of going to the river wear off if you make it "home"? I have ofter considered about moving and how cool it would be to live there, but I was always afraid I would get burned out and then I would see the river as "boring"... IDK, just something to consider.

"Going" to the river always gives me something to look forward to. Hard to motivate yourself so you can go if you are already there.......

It was good to see you over the weekend BTW.

Good seeing you too, and yes I'll watch your shit no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

In all seriousness it sounds good right now. But will the fun of going to the river wear off if you make it "home"? I have ofter considered about moving and how cool it would be to live there, but I was always afraid I would get burned out and then I would see the river as "boring"... IDK, just something to consider.

"Going" to the river always gives me something to look forward to. Hard to motivate yourself so you can go if you are already there.......

I don't know....I've been in Havasu full time for a little over 2 years now and I am still enjoying the lake....we were boating as recently as yesterday afternoon

I di agree that there is no longer the anticipation of getting here but you also don't have a 4-5 hour stint getting here either.....as long as you are able to make a new circle of friends that live here as well as maintain the friendships with your old friends it seems to work.......the first year was hard for sure but we did have the same advantage that you have Vic and that was that we had been coming here for a long time and had already built some relationships out here......the only thing tough for me was full retirement which is why I am now doing Real Estate.....way better than doing nothing

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Paul, I'd guess you'd miss the coastal atmosphere and then anticipate going to the beach....as us coastal dwellers anticipate going to the river.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

I've been spending the day thinking about all the possibilities. Parker airport being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I have several friends that tried living in Havasu and left for the reasons you posted.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Vic, from the first day we were in Cali a few weeks ago my FIL started doing some MAJOR arm twisting, telling us that he would buy the house immediately behind him (its for sale AND it's very very nice).

After a few days I was asking myself "WHY would I move here when everyone I know in Cali is looking for a way to move OUT of Cali"...

I think living in somewhere like Parker / Havi / Needles area would be KICK ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The financial benefits would have to be large...

I see NO downside...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I think California's been the same ever since I can remember. When you're young......er, you can't wait to get to California. When you're old.....er, you can't wait to leave

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I think California's been the same ever since I can remember. When you're young......er, you can't wait to get to California. When you're old.....er, you can't wait to leave
    I like unusual architecture and for a midwest guy, the idea of building a traditional looking adobe block type home is interesting to me...

I really liked the homes in parker of the father/son street rod builder guys (the dads place is on the river)... I can't come up with their name at the moment (BIG shop in the back where he builds street rods/customs)...

2Forcefuls casa build was bad azzzzzzzzzzzzz IMHO...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams