Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GRADS

Do you believe in signs?

This has been weighing heavy on me all day.

As some of you might know I lost a very good friend of mine along with 3 other people in a boating accident that happened on Folsom Lake back in May.

This morning I decided to take the paddle board out to Folsom to get a little exercise. Once at the lake I headed towards the peninsula because it makes for a good paddle. It's about 5 miles round trip and allows me to stop in the middle and stretch my legs. It also so happens that this is were my friends accident happened. This was my second time paddling in this area since the accident....actually, let me rephrase that, this was only my second time back since my friends were found. I spent 7 days out in this area immediately after the accident searching for them so I know the area quite well.

Well this morning as I approached the peninsula I saw something strange. I couldn't tell what it was but I could see that something was obviously on top of one of the rock formations. As I got closer I could tell that it was moving which made me even more intrigued. A little closer and I realized that it was what looked like a bald eagle. I thought it was strange because I've been going to Folsom Lake for 35 years and have been there probably over 1000 times (no exaggeration) and had never seen one before. I got as close as I could before it saw me and took off. I snapped a couple pictures of it on land but I was only able to get one of it in the air.

Once I looked at the picture it hit me like a ton of bricks. The eagle in the picture had a strong resemblance to the one on my friends boat and it just so happens that I was probably within 100 yards of where the accident happened.

Could it be purely coincidental? Absolutely. But in my 1000 plus trips out there I would think that I might have seen one other one before.

Do I believe in signs?....I'm not so sure but I would really like to think that my friend was trying to send me one.

Name:  eagle2.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  202.9 KB

Name:  eagle1.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  37.6 KB
    Last edited by GRADS; 08-06-2014 at 07:29 PM.

I can't imagine how good that felt, I bet you could have damn near walked across the lake back to your truck --- I'm very happy for you

Pretty Cool Greg!!!

I hope you had a great feeling at that moment

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

I have never seen an Eagle on that lake or in the area...ever. I think it is a sign. Godspeed Toby and the other passengers!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

I'd say that your friend just let you know that 'all is well' where he is now and that you can proceed in life.

That is pretty freaking rad Grads and Carl took the words out of my mouth.

That's pretty bitchen, thanks for sharing.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Pretty Cool Greg!!!

I hope you had a great feeling at that moment
    To be perfectly honest, I was overcome with emotion. Tears of joy and sorrow.

I believe in signs and that was def one!
    What a great feeling that must have been for you!

I imagine it left you with some sort of closure for you and your friend's friendship.

Unforgiven
    Grads..what the sign is trying to show you is..Its' time you step up and buy a boat and Have Shannon and me come join you and Kate and hit the delta...or Tahoe