Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiber glass

Fiber glass

I searched the fourm and I dident see anything about fiberglass patch work for thr haul any recommendations on what to use ? Or any dyi thanks guys and gals
    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what you're asking??

Quote Originally Posted by tapout24 View Post
    I searched the fourm and I dident see anything about fiberglass patch work for thr haul any recommendations on what to use ? Or any dyi thanks guys and gals
    You were looking for boat related info here, specially repair? :hilarious

You looking to patch thru haul exhaust holes?

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You were looking for boat related info here, specially repair? :hilarious

You looking to patch thru haul exhaust holes?
    he's on the wrong site..this is the drama section.....Ok I'll get real here..Contact Dustin at Menace Marine 661-755-0620..he can take care or knows plenty for fiberglass repair..

WESTERNAERO
    Call Poncho...

I have some hair line cracks in the haul of my boat what should I use to repair it

WESTERNAERO
    I have some hair line cracks in the haul of my boat what should I use to repair it

You have hair line cracks in the hull? You mean, you have cracks in the gel coat. This should be fixed by somebody with a lot of experience spraying gel coat. Call Dustin at Menice, he'll get it handled for you or refer you to the guy that does it for him, Poncho.

Really guys here is a new guy coming to a boating site asking for help and this is what he gets. Tap24 it would be helpful if you posted a couple pictures of what you have going and where it,s going on. Depending on where the cracks are and if they are structual or cosmetic will determine what type of materials and if it is something you would want to take on yourself. I'll keep a eye open for your post I am on here most am,s about this time. Oh and Welcome to the site You might want to repost this in a different section
    Last edited by doubleeagle; 08-07-2014 at 07:32 AM.

I would have it checked to make sure they are not stress cracks. That's much more serious than cosmetic gel cracks.

I had a Galaxie years ago that had cracks at the planning strakes on both sides. The boat started taking on water. It was a total loss. A blessing in disguise really. Ended up getting a beautiful and rock solid 21' Rogers Daycruiser after that. Wish I would have kept the Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I would have it checked to make sure they are not stress cracks. That's much more serious than cosmetic gel cracks.

I had a Galaxie years ago that had cracks at the planning strakes on both sides. The boat started taking on water. It was a total loss. A blessing in disguise really. Ended up getting a beautiful and rock solid 21' Rogers Daycruiser after that. Wish I would have kept the Rogers.
    Anytime you have ANY cracks below the water line, they need your attention.
    Most stress cracks appear in the deck area.