Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I don't want to sound offensive but if you call it a dog it should at least stand as tall as your knees.
    Mines a shephard mix with either pit or rideback......
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Mines a shephard mix with either pit or rideback......
    If it doesn't have a ridge (what I think you were going for) it's likely not a ridgeback mix as that is such a dominant feature. We had a lab ridgeback mix when I was a kid... pure white, all lab, but had the ridge. It worked though as we didn't have any lions in the neighborhood.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    If it doesn't have a ridge (what I think you were going for) it's likely not a ridgeback mix as that is such a dominant feature. We had a lab ridgeback mix when I was a kid... pure white, all lab, but had the ridge. It worked though as we didn't have any lions in the neighborhood.
    Her ridge is not there when not on alert but if she gets real agitated or on defense it stands up strong. She is very much a Shephard in most ways but her fur and some markings are very pit or ridge like.
    And she smiles
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Her ridge is not there when not on alert but if she gets real agitated or on defense it stands up strong. She is very much a Shephard in most ways but her fur and some markings are very pit or ridge like.
    And she smiles
    My dog was named Simba (long before Lion King popularity) and her ridge was very pronounced at all times. Every time we'd take her out people would wonder what kind of surgery she'd had as it looked like a scar.

Smiling dogs are the best. Both of mine smile, unless they don't like you. My queensland died after 17 years, so I rescued a couple of Catahoula Leopard dogs... haven't seen any leopards in the neighborhood lately come to think of it.

Mine is a smiler too, if I point the camera at her for a pic she drops the smile.

CH3N02
    CH3NO2

Attachment 43282

Got the perfect dog for you! A Komondor, which are German sheep dogs. They grow the cords out and run them in with the sheep to protect them from predators. Really cool dogs and they'll clean the floor for you as they're like big mops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I haven't owned a dog in more than 25yrs. The last one or two dogs I owned were shitheads. I think the last one was a black lab. That little fucker tore the hell outta our yard and I had to call the dog cops on him. I tried to get him to stop, but it didn't work out. So we parted company and he left me bitter.

Prior to that I owned a Collie and Samoyed. The Collie was my best friend, loved that dog. He ate come foil one time so I had to bottle feed him back to health. The Samoyed was a scandalous little shit, but we got along pretty good.

The only other pets I've had since then were Ferrets. Greatest little fuzzball pets ever imo. But I think this time I want a pet who will reciprocate a little love instead of drawing blood LOL.

I'm thinking house dog pretty much. One who will travel (in a car) well. Won't bark too much. Won't drop logs the size of a small tree all over the place. Easily trainable. Mild mannered. Won't shed carpets of hair everywhere. But most importantly one who will listen to all my problems and then lick my face when I'm done

Is there such an animal? And no, I don't like Taco Bell so that's out of the question.
    You don't really want a dog.. You'll regret it.. They need more attention than women do.. And are more moody! Our dog wouldn't get up off the floor when Chris was home And I flew to Cali for not even two full days! Now, Chris is gone and I can't even get her outside to go to pee! She's so attached she actually gets depressed! And I thought put bulls were tough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMC
    Roscoe is a lover and a swimmer
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406261626118.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  31.2 KB
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406261789633.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  53.3 KB

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Roscoes too damn big. Do they come in mini?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk